Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Chainsaw

Killahead
nkoulou,toby alderweid,papoudoupolos,zouma,doria e.t.c there are over 50 options.

Do you really trust any of those as a starting CB for Barca??! Or even trust that their so called potential is enough to strengthen the defence as of now?

just like vertoghen wasn't right? sometimes you have to take a gamble, especially if it's a cheap gamble and the player has a high ceiling like doria.

Vertonghen is pretty much overrated around here. His characteristics are not what Barca is looking for the defence. If they were anything close to what Barca needed I think Mats Hummels was signed by now above any other candidates.

LM10

Do you really trust any of those as a starting CB for Barca??! Or even trust that their so called potential is enough to strengthen the defence as of now?

Vertonghen is pretty much overrated around here. His characteristics are not what Barca is looking for the defence. If they were anything close to what Barca needed I think Mats Hummels was signed by now above any other candidates.

the problem is that we haven't made a move for hummels and probably wont now. how does vertonghen not have the skills that barcelona require from their CB's? puyol isn't the ideal barca defender, but his pitbull ways fit perfect next to pique.

F

Flavia

Barcastuff
Besides centre backs David Luiz and Agger, Barcelona have reactivated the option of signing Valencia defender Jeremy Mathieu (29). [as]

He renewed with Valencia, but there were rumors of having a clause on the contract in case Barça went for him.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Barcastuff
Besides centre backs David Luiz and Agger, Barcelona have reactivated the option of signing Valencia defender Jeremy Mathieu (29). [as]

He renewed with Valencia, but there were rumors of having a clause on the contract in case Barça went for him.

I watched him the other night against Everton and he looked like a man among boys. He's a good player and I wouldn't scoff at all if we had to resort to signing him.

LM10

Barcastuff

i wouldn't mind him at all. we just need another CB that can put pressure on our other CB's.

Barcafire

When did our scouts and board lose their vision to spot potential? I can't believe they are only looking at extremely famous established cb's. That was Perez's game, but it seems we're playing it more these days.

psychotsek

Nkoulou,Mangala or Otamendi are better options than Luiz for 40m+.
We should get one of them sell Song asap and play Masch as a DM.

Zincubus

Banned
They are just playing hardball .

I've always liked and trusted Guillem Balague so things look hopeful .

As I've mentioned before there's no way that Liverpool can even consider releasing Agger as they've just lost Skrtel to Napoli and Carragher has just retired .

David Luiz it is then :)

Chelsea are reported keen on Mangala plus they already have John Terry ( one of Jose's blue eyed boys ) and Cahill and Ivanovic so they can afford to cash in on our desperation to sign Luiz .

@GuillemBalague: Barcelona debating which centre back to take and have made offer 4 Agger (willing to go) and David Luiz (willing to go). Rosell prefers Luiz

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Lol@mathieu. That would be a step down. Not hopeful about Luiz. Its very late and I doubt we will get him. Chelsea will only sell for 45 mil minimum.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Balague hasn't got a clue. Don't listen to anything he says, in this case he's just stating what anybody could work out.

Home of Barca Fans