Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Arachnid

And what about the Newell's CB Santiago Vergini?

A couple of seasons ago he played for Verona in the Italian Serie B. Verona didn't want him and he went back to Argentine the next season.

That's not the CV of a Barça quality player, frankly.

Darko

Barcelona are among the European top clubs interested in Al Ain winger and UAE international Omar Abdulrahman (21). [daily express]

He looks amazing,are we actually going to get a good unknown prospect for a small price?

Bertus

A couple of seasons ago he played for Verona in the Italian Serie B. Verona didn't want him and he went back to Argentine the next season.

That means nothing.

Thiago Silva has kind of the same record before he became the monster he is.

Zincubus

Banned

So when he was about 19 or 20 he didn't settle into Italian football !!??

Seems a bit harsh to castigate him for that tbh

By all accounts he was one of the new manager's most important players over the last couple of seasons and he's still only 24 now .

How old is Bartra incidentally ?

Zincubus

Banned
Two years younger and already playing for a big (the biggest) European side, having just won the U21's... He's got a way bigger rep than Vergini and he's younger.

Are we going to sign somebody WORSE than Bartra? I don't think so.

Well everyone 'in the know' has been raving about Vergini who's been a regular starter and fixture i , sadly the same can't be said about Bartra who seems to have gone backwards whenever I've seen him play which is not very often ....

Last edited:

ShandyFFM

If you ask me i would say the next big think will be Neymar, Bale and Draxler. Remember the name. Not goetze but draxler will be incredible the next years.

Home of Barca Fans