Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Neymarrr

The club is too inactive on the market, if they think the current team is good enough for Europe aka Bayern, they are wrong. Especially defensively and they still need to find a quality replacement for Thiago. Madrid is favorite for the league atm and CL is out of reach unless the draw is very favorable. Pedro is a great squad player, but shoudn’t be a regular. Piqué while having a dip in form, is still the best defender at the club.

Top priory should be a CB as Puyol is simply past his peak, then a quality replacement for Thiago and potentially a better RWF, actual LB and a quality Valdes replacement. I would Sell Sanchez. Sanchez should do nothing else than train finishing 1 on 1 24/7 with pressure.

Imo overall a New CB, GK, LB, (I like alba, though he shouldn’t play as a LB against top teams, Alba should be a sub winger, the club should sign an actual LB) & RWF & CMF are needed.

Valdivia

Why are we interested in a spoilt brat from the UAE??? Those guys live in a cocoon, a bubble. Their every whim is catered for. He would find life too hard in European football and would be a waste of time and money.

No need to be a dick. I'm from there, know the guy on a personal level, played football with him before. He is also a Barca fan as well. The only reason that players like him don't leave our shores is back to managers and boards unwilling to let go, and therefore offering them loads of extra money as incentives to stay.

As for Omar or "Amoory" as he is nicknamed. He is a talented playmaker who can also play on both flanks. Very skilled individually and can make outstanding cut-through passes setting up strikers. He obviously lacks high level experience, but he also is playing with players that are a level underneath him atm. Would be a good addition.

Trickykid

The club is too inactive on the market, if they think the current team is good enough for Europe aka Bayern, they are wrong. Especially defensively and they still need to find a quality replacement for Thiago. Madrid is favorite for the league atm and CL is out of reach unless the draw is very favorable. Pedro is a great squad player, but shoudn’t be a regular. Piqué while having a dip in form, is still the best defender at the club.

Top priory should be a CB as Puyol is simply past his peak, then a quality replacement for Thiago and potentially a better RWF, actual LB and a quality Valdes replacement. I would Sell Sanchez. Sanchez should do nothing else than train finishing 1 on 1 24/7 with pressure.

Imo overall a New CB, GK, LB, (I like alba, though he shouldn’t play as a LB against top teams, Alba should be a sub winger, the club should sign an actual LB) & RWF & CMF are needed.

So, we're not active enough in the transfer market? How about letting our New coach get to know the squad, and let him decide? Oh wait, you are suggesting that the board signs behind his back? Yeah, that sounds smart.
And stop being silly, of course RM aren't favorites for the league. If anything, It's 50/50, and that's being generous to los Merengues.

This doesn't just apply to you, but also a lot of other users here: quit that relentless god damn whining, pretty please. With sugar on top.

Barcilliant

No need to be a dick. I'm from there, know the guy on a personal level, played football with him before. He is also a Barca fan as well. The only reason that players like him don't leave our shores is back to managers and boards unwilling to let go, and therefore offering them loads of extra money as incentives to stay.

As for Omar or "Amoory" as he is nicknamed. He is a talented playmaker who can also play on both flanks. Very skilled individually and can make outstanding cut-through passes setting up strikers. He obviously lacks high level experience, but he also is playing with players that are a level underneath him atm. Would be a good addition.

Dude, lived there 6 years. The UAE is one of the most racist countries in the world. If you're from the Asian sub-continent you're treated worse then a sub-human. This goes for a lot of the Gulf Countries too. Too many rich brats with silver spoons in their mouths. There is an invisible apartheid-a class/caste system there which no one speaks about but exists. UAE Nationals/White people are on top of the pyramid with the people from the Asian sub-continent on the bottom. Lived in Sharjah, Dubai. Visited Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar and Kuwait. Tax free was the reason I was there. I mean there is racism here in Australia too but the UAE has put a stamp on it-"OFFICIAL".

Not everything is bad there. Love the food and you do get some nice locals-however I met some infuriatingly snobbish locals who always felt they were above others. Also a local is always right even when they are wrong in the eyes of the law.

So, please my friend know that I speak from experience. In fact I was there for a few days this year as I stopped there via a trip to India.

Back to the player. He is not Barca material-never will be. Hopefully PSG buy him and integrate him into their team.

Arachnid

Oh wait, you are suggesting that the board signs behind his back? Yeah, that sounds smart.

Behind his back? I honest to god hope that they've been in advanced talks with several prospective CB's long before Vialnova's announcement, I would find it seriously alarming otherwise.

Trickykid

Behind his back? I honest to god hope that they've been in advanced talks with several prospective CB's long before Vialnova's announcement, I would find it seriously alarming otherwise.

And, like the original poster, you expect us to announce those talks/transfers now, before Tata has approved?

ceefoo

We need to splash 35 mill and just buy David Luiz, although I highly doubt he'll go for that price.
Spending 35m on Luiz would be on a par with Liverpool wasting £35m on Andy Carroll.

Are there any lesser known CB's we could get? Someone that wouldn't cost more than 30 mill?
Vertonghen, Agger, Koscielny, Subotic.

Running out of options, regarding established Centre-Backs with Top European League experience.

Tata may need to start looking at the lesser known option(s). The likes of Vergini, Doria, etc.

Arachnid

And, like the original poster, you expect us to announce those talks/transfers now, before Tata has approved?

I would like the CB to have been signed and starting the preseason already, yeah.

In any case, the point is that ideally it would be to late at this stage for a new manager to have any effect. If things are running late enough that Martino's opinion can still make any impact, we are in serious trouble.

Trickykid

I would like the CB to have been signed and starting the preseason already, yeah.

In any case, the point is that ideally it would be to late at this stage for a new manager to have any effect. If things are running late enough that Martino's opinion can still make any impact, we are in serious trouble.

The way I figure it is that we've lined up the candidates, spoken with the clubs, and more or less sealed the deals, thus just waiting for the OK from Tata.

Valdivia

Dude, lived there 6 years. The UAE is one of the most racist countries in the world. If you're from the Asian sub-continent you're treated worse then a sub-human. This goes for a lot of the Gulf Countries too. Too many rich brats with silver spoons in their mouths. There is an invisible apartheid-a class/caste system there which no one speaks about but exists. UAE Nationals/White people are on top of the pyramid with the people from the Asian sub-continent on the bottom. Lived in Sharjah, Dubai. Visited Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar and Kuwait. Tax free was the reason I was there. I mean there is racism here in Australia too but the UAE has put a stamp on it-"OFFICIAL".

Not everything is bad there. Love the food and you do get some nice locals-however I met some infuriatingly snobbish locals who always felt they were above others. Also a local is always right even when they are wrong in the eyes of the law.

So, please my friend know that I speak from experience. In fact I was there for a few days this year as I stopped there via a trip to India.

Back to the player. He is not Barca material-never will be. Hopefully PSG buy him and integrate him into their team.

With all due respect, you can't go around generalizing your accusations on a whole country. I myself have been subjected to many different racial abuses here in Australia, which goes without saying is stereotyped as a racist country. Not to derail this thread with, you dismissed this player based on your experience in his country? How ignorant and daft is that?

Duke

I live there for the past 4 years now, I fail to see how you come up with this perception! Many poor blue collar south Asian and construction workers treated badly by mangers who are mostly south asians themselves. That caste system is an Indian thing and you guys take it with you wherever you go is bad enough. I'm south European and find it very hard to work with many south asians. They only work with their own people creating mini mafias that's by itself is very discriminating. Anyway, this is not a place to take your frustration, many indians making millions here (including my boss) and happy to live here and send their money mostly back to their home country which is very bad for UAE's economy. Talk about players pls, don't get me started on how I'm frustrated with your people!

Last edited:

Barcilliant

With all due respect, you can't go around generalizing your accusations on a whole country. I myself have been subjected to many different racial abuses here in Australia, which goes without saying is stereotyped as a racist country. Not to derail this thread with, you dismissed this player based on your experience in his country? How ignorant and daft is that?

I based it on the fact that the guy is used to a VERY cushy lifestyle like most locals in the UAE are accustomed to. In Barca he would be waaaaaay out of his comfort zone.

Home of Barca Fans