Transfers and Rumours - old thread

mixer

I've seen some matches of him and he's got really good vision and dribbling. It's only a matter of time when someone's gets him, but we're not really interested in a winger.

Neymar-Messi-Abdulrahman would be too much swag and skill :D

Arachnid

You've seen Jose's central defenders in the last few years ... They have to defend and defend only , no prisoners taken .
Pepe / Ramos / Albiol .

Albiol? No, I haven't actually seen Albiol under Mourinho, no. In fact I would be surprised if he's played even five matches under him. You know what CB I've seen under Mourinho? A pairing of Ramos and Varane, two of the best attacking CB's I've seen.

Let's not resort to wrong clichés to convince ourselves of the impossible, please. Luiz is not going anywhere, unless PSG comes and pays 60 mil or more.

Last edited:

hardyboy

I've seen some matches of him and he's got really good vision and dribbling. It's only a matter of time when someone's gets him, but we're not really interested in a winger.

Neymar-Messi-Abdulrahman would be too much swag and skill :D
:deulofeu: says Hi

nebeer

Love is All
Cant believe everyone making PUYOL as if he is GOD OF DEFENSE. In my opinion puyol himself is just above average but the difference is that when he plays he plays with his heart throwing everthing on the line.

Puyol is just above average? You've got to be kidding me. Puyol is nothing short of a legend. Even at this age, when he is fully fit, he runs like a machine. In so many games he has neutralized Cristiano Ronaldo completely. He has been a part of UEFA Team of the year for 6 years. He has made FIFA Pro Xl 3 times. He is brilliant at positioning, an inspiring leader and has unwavering focus on the game. Anyone who says Puyol is just above average has little understanding of football I'm afraid.

Barcilliant

Puyol is just above average? You've got to be kidding me. Puyol is nothing short of a legend. Even at this age, when he is fully fit, he runs like a machine. In so many games he has neutralized Cristiano Ronaldo completely. He has been a part of UEFA Team of the year for 6 years. He has made FIFA Pro Xl 3 times. He is brilliant at positioning, an inspiring leader and has unwavering focus on the game. Anyone who says Puyol is just above average has little understanding of football I'm afraid.
\\

Puyol is a legend. When I first saw him starting out I found him unimpressive but from around 2002 he really upped his game. Without him Barca would have been a lesser team with less titles.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Reina was linked with a move to Barcelona last season, and Rodgers hinted that he had been steeling himself for his goalkeeper to depart the club.

"As a senior goalkeeper, he needs to be playing. It wouldn't have served any purpose, both for the club and him personally, if he'd been the one missing out."

"It was obviously a difficult decision. From last season I was led to believe that we were going to get an offer for Pepe that would probably see him leave the club," said Rodgers.

"On the football side, we have to protect the team, and at that stage we started our search for another goalkeeper.

"That found us Simon Mignolet, who is top class - one of the top young European goalkeepers.

"As events transpired, that move (for Reina) didn't happen and it left us with two very good goalkeepers. Both would have been fighting for the No.1 position."

I guess we really were going after Reina, until valdes decided to stay.

Meitux

It will be a mistake,i don't want him to be a starter for us.And because he wants to play he won't settle for the Pinto role to be benched and whenever he plays mostly in the cup he will have unstable performances.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He is brilliant at positioning, an inspiring leader and has unwavering focus on the game. Anyone who says Puyol is just above average has little understanding of football I'm afraid.
And his tackling? Man he's a monster!!

Shegzy

I agree that time is running out. We need to splash 35 mill and just buy David Luiz, although I highly doubt he'll go for that price.

Are there any lesser known CB's we could get? Someone that wouldn't cost more than 30 mill?

What about that Greek defender Papadopoulos?

nkoulou will not cost more than 20m and he is 23.

Home of Barca Fans