Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Darko

new CB,new CB,Pique,Puyol,Mascherano,Bartra
6 players for 2 spots??
plus I feel Bartra should be given more playing time and with Mascherano around I dont think he will get any

B

beautifulgame

If we bring in Luiz, I hope Vergini comes too.

Sounds like Giorgian De Arrascaeta could end up being Thiago's replacement. He was very impressive in the U20 tournament.

2 new defenders and a young midfielder to mold. I'm really liking the sound of this if this is indeed the plan going forward.

This and Luiz and Vergi double signing! The two can compliment each other too!

Goddam where is the m Bison gif "yess! Yesss! Yesss!"

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
new CB,new CB,Pique,Puyol,Mascherano,Bartra
6 players for 2 spots??
plus I feel Bartra should be given more playing time and with Mascherano around I dont think he will get any

I'd loan Bartra out to get him some experience , making errors for someone else .

Zincubus

Banned
This and Luiz and Vergi double signing! The two can compliment each other too!

Goddam where is the m Bison gif "yess! Yesss! Yesss!"

I'd take this option and put Piqué on the bench until he's fully concentrated again ( unlikely to be able to get Shakira out of his mind though - especially when opposing players are singing "Hips Don't Lie" to him in the box .)

ebieymjunior

huh? do you think luiz is an good option?? he looked decent at the confeds coz he had thiagosilva beside him... he's much like pique otherwise. he's a funny guy not a true leader. maybe i'm wrong though

Every time I've seen him (don't do that often) he's been a real leader. Haven't really gotten why people say he's not good (probably something I don't know...).

Arachnid

Jesus Christ, people, don't be naïve. Chelsea are not selling.

Let's try to focus on clubs that actually need money and therefore are willing to sell, shall we?

Bertus

Every time I've seen him (don't do that often) he's been a real leader. Haven't really gotten why people say he's not good (probably something I don't know...).

Dont base his performance on the confederation cup for once.

Here is what many people dislike about Luiz:

- He tends to leave his defence sometimes for no reason. So, yeah, sometimes he scores long shots, but when he fails, the counterattacks are destructives because he just forgot he's a CB.

- He does many tackles that are not needed. It's his temper, it's like that and apparently he doesn't want to change. Problem is, when the referee is meticulous if not a pri**, then he eats cards.

- Somtiemes it's like he's out of the match, completely absent. Those "blank" periods can be fatal to the defence.

It's not for nothing that some journalists call him crazy. It's his style, and when you play with him, you have to be prepared because he can do great, or completely mess up.

That's why many people think he should play middlefielder, and not CB.

Hope it's more clear now. It's not that people hate him. But he needs to improve. To improve his temper in particular and learn to stay in the back when he plays CB. But so far, he doesn't make great progress.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans