Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Please tell me you don't believe that!!!!

Rooney is washed up has been or more precisely never been. He has never lived up to the hype and will never do so. A good player on his day but nothing more.

lol, he is just 27, if we could get him for less than 20m then i say go for it, i think he just needs a change in environment and he might rediscover himself

Papabeef

"Barcelona are considering to offer Man United 'Thiago + David Villa + 4M' for Wayne Rooney, after United invited them to make a bid. @BArcastuff"

Hmmmmmmmmm

Stric

Among the numerous ridiculously stupid transfers this club has done, that would be by far the worst one.

ebc_99

well u don't know that people are different and once a person has power his true character will show,tito does not trust in our youth player or even young player,and don't tell me he believed in neymar because it is rosell that wanted him.look at the 9 we have been linked with which one of them is below 26 and which is still regarded as currently one of the 4 top striker,we just want to buy them because we are hoping they can replicate their past form,we bought villa when he was still hot and three years down the line see what he has become.if we want a 9 why not get a younger and versatile one that wouldn't mind playing half of the total number of our matches.and pep assistant then does not mean anything are u telling he had the same power to decide who to play,sign,sell or loan as he has now then.if he believe if youth he wouldn't want to loan bartra out even he signed ts,cos puyol and ts are injury prone and if they both have injury at the same time we will have to play masch and pique without rotating them and u know how pique and masch they could get redcarded or suspended and we will have to play adriano with whichever one of them remain

"once a person has power his true character will show" What is that supposed to mean? It seems to me people are being to harsh on Tito for going with experience.

In my opinion Tito did the right thing last year which was to play the best players to win back la Liga, the Champions league was disappointing but the club has only won it 4 times so it was to much to expect Tito to win it in his first season especially considering his illness. .

I don't think he has a problem playing the youth if they are good enough, but there is no point playing them for the sake of it. Not many of La Masia are going to make it, maybe 1 every couple of years on average. A club like Barca can only keep the elite and the rest must leave that's just the way it is. It looks like Thiago is leaving which is unfortunate but he is not as good as he thinks he is, a player like him should be happy to bide his time at Barca. Montoya looks good for the teams future, the rest though are 50/50 at the moment.

Barca has a very good mix of youth and experience and one of the youngest teams in Europe with a lower average age than Bayern so in that sense I think the mix is right. Barca should always be looking to bring in elite players like Neymar and T Silva to strengthen when needed and bring players through who are at the required standard from youth.

In regards to Rooney, when fit and in form he is a wonderful player but it is hard to imagine him at Barca. If it worked it would be fantastic but it would be a big risk. Barca have always taken risks with transfers, they are like children in that sense in a good way they see the excitement that could be in store and sometimes let their heart rule their head and Rooney could be one of those players. If I had to make the signing I would do it because it has the potential to be a devastating attack with Messi - Neymar - Rooney and as he is such a big star in England there would be resale value if it did not work.

Rooney may not work in the current system but maybe with the heavy defeats against Bayern the coaching staff have realised that they need to change things. The philosophy of the 06 and 09-11 teams were the same but they played it in a different way and Tito may have ideas to move away from Peps style into his own.

Gaudi

Rooney would add strength, as much as I would like to keep Thiago, if he's gone this swap could be good

Aasim

Bumbleman
Where the heck would he play?

Neyfart on the left. Messi in the middle. Rooney can't play on the right. I don't think we're going to drastically change the formation around him to play him as a CF or #10.

Please go away Rooney rumours!

Gaudi

Where the heck would he play?

Neyfart on the left. Messi in the middle. Rooney can't play on the right. I don't think we're going to drastically change the formation around him to play him as a CF or #10.

Please go away Rooney rumours!

Balance is the key, he can play in the middle and on the right, Messi also, Neymar on all 3 positions.
I do think we lack a bit of balance in the team. If we would look player vs player Barca has the best team on the planet, for example: Xabi-Illarramendi-Ozil individualy against Busquets-Iniesta-Xavi (even though declining, hence I would keep Thiago). I have no doubts on better 3, but our team is more or less same: small players with great technic and quite weak, also all are more or less pass " to the feet" kind of players. So diversity is somtimes more important than individual quality

Aasim

Bumbleman
Balance is the key, he can play in the middle and on the right, Messi also, Neymar on all 3 positions.
I do think we lack a bit of balance in the team. If we would look player vs player Barca has the best team on the planet, for example: Xabi-Illarramendi-Ozil individualy against Busquets-Iniesta-Xavi (even though declining, hence I would keep Thiago). I have no doubts on better 3, but our team is more or less same: small players with great technic and quite weak, also all are more or less pass " to the feet" kind of players. So diversity is somtimes more important than individual quality

I agree with what you say but Rooney is not going to bring that diversity (and he can't play on the right nor will Messi give up the middle).

Playing with a CF will bring that but it's not needed in 80% of the games we play. Which is why IMO we should buy an older Klose type if a striker does come in who wouldn't mind sitting on the bench. Not Rooney whose best position IMO is #10.

I

instinct

I agree with what you say but Rooney is not going to bring that diversity (and he can't play on the right nor will Messi give up the middle).

Playing with a CF will bring that but it's not needed in 80% of the games we play. Which is why IMO we should buy an older Klose type if a striker does come in who wouldn't mind sitting on the bench. Not Rooney whose best position IMO is #10.

I think that Klose does not want to sit on the bench. In Lazio, he is a hero and further, he wants to compete in his final World Cup next year and with Mario Gomez who will score like a machine in Florientina he has massive competition.

Gaudi

Haven't watched Rooney all that much, bu he could play on the right, just not as a winger. This days we play with winger more then attacker, Henry was on the left yet he was attacker. You could be right at the end, but I don't think getting rooney would be a bad idea, especially if we are to looes Thiago for so little money.
He has power, strength, shoot and it's quite agile and skilful for english player. He would also be an option for Valdes long balls, when Villa played he was the only one being able to control thoose balls withoout being pushed away

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans