Tin Jedvaj

Messi10

Tin Jedvaj is a Croatian footballer who plays as a defender for Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen on loan from Roma. Wikipedia
Born: November 28, 1995 (age 18), Zagreb, Croatia
Height: 1.88 m
Current team: Bayer 04 Leverkusen (#16 / Defender)

https://vine.co/v/OaAhABUg9vv

Prediction: Barcelona will sign this player up. big Future

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's been very good in his first 2 games. Can play RB and CB. He's not tecnical so I don't see him here but he's only 18 so who knows.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Seems like Leverkusen have no option to buy him after the end of his loan spell. Pretty stupid move (again).

BarçaBarça

Now that we could be looking for a RB-backup/challenger to Roberto could this guy be a candidate?
Apparently he has switched fully to RB, and played there all of last season, for Leverkusen, even though he started his career as CB.
That would mean that he is better defensively than most RB's, which could be a great supplement to Roberto right now, imo.

Does anyone (Croatian or Bundesliga-fans) in here follow him? Is he still too raw, or would he be worth a try?
I imagine he would be cheaper than the likes of Bellerin and Fabinho, and right now it looks Roberto is viable to start in most games.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He is great imo. just not suited what Barca looks for in a full back - basically a winger

Messi983

I didn't follow him much but no doubt he could be one of the possible options. Can he still play CB too? In that case he could be even more interesting to us. I think we'll look to add some more versatile players over the next season or two. Like Fabinho, who can cover RB and DM. I know Samper is supposed to be Busquets backup when he comes back from loan and I believe he can do his job after getting more experience but you can never have enough good players.

I'm in minority but I still believe Vidal can be useful as Roberto's backup and hope he'll be given a full season to prove that. But in case he doesn't work out then RB would be one of the few possible positions left to reinforce next season. Even if Roberto will turn out great (which I believe he will) bringing him some competition/cover for a reasonable price (so no 40M+ for Bellerin) would be good.

And we'd also need some more depth at CB if Mathieu and/or Masche leave. I hope Masche stays for at least two seasons though as replacing two CBs in one summer will be difficult. Yes, one or maybe both of Marlon and Tarin could be promoted but I'd prefer them to adapt to first team slowly and not put too much pressure on them. So first as 4th CB then after a season if Masche goes being promoted to 3rd CB after Pique and Umtiti with another younger CB possibly taking Mascherano's place in 2018-19. That would be my plan but in reality things can turn out different.

BarçaBarça

He still plays CB every now and then - even 1 game for Croatia this summer. It is great with versatile players, yes - it also helps the players get enough playing time to keep them fit.

If Vidal suddenly proves himself everything will be solved, but last season was really strange bearing in mind that Lucho chose him in the first place. I don't have my hopes high.

And we'd also need some more depth at CB if Mathieu and/or Masche leave. I hope Masche stays for at least two seasons though as replacing two CBs in one summer will be difficult. Yes, one or maybe both of Marlon and Tarin could be promoted but I'd prefer them to adapt to first team slowly and not put too much pressure on them. So first as 4th CB then after a season if Masche goes being promoted to 3rd CB after Pique and Umtiti with another younger CB possibly taking Mascherano's place in 2018-19. That would be my plan but in reality things can turn out different.

Great plan! :D We are not done with the CB-spot by signing Umtiti. Mathieu could still be a question-mark after his injury, but I really hope that he manage to stay at the same level, but there is no guarantees - and he could be sold next summer. Mascherano depends on how much playing time we will give him as DM, where he really wants to play, and losing him next summer would also be hard. Marlon looks like a great prospect, and Tarin should be given chances too. I have fallen in love with Andreas Christensen, so I hope we go for him next summer before Chelsea truly discovers how great he is. He could be a great future CB/DM, and would give us more options to choose from.

BBZ8800

He is young and played on Euros in Croatia:Spain 2:1.

He is young and very raw at Cb.
On the other hand, if we already have one Rb who is not a Rb at all (Roberto) and we have another Rb who is not a Rb and who can't defend (Vidal), I would prefer to buy some player who is actually a Rb and who plays as a Rb.

I don't believe that he will be a good RB in attacking part.
Probably an ultradefensive Rb.

Home of Barca Fans