Timo Werner

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes but his starting position is more tactical, to stretch teams. He would vacate it often to make room for overlapping fullbacks. More Villa than Neymar.

Yeah. It's not as sexy signing Neymar or Sancho, but the profile itself is probably more useful than Neymar who seem to be playing more as a CAM rather than a LW.

Sancho might obviously be the best and most talented option, but would cost 120m. Werner has a 60m release clause this summer.

serghei

Yeah. It's not as sexy signing Neymar or Sancho, but the profile itself is probably more useful than Neymar who seem to be playing more as a CAM rather than a LW.

Sancho might obviously be the best and most talented option, but would cost 120m. Werner has a 60m release clause this summer.

Looking at all the options, Neymar/Robben profile is not really used anymore. We have more wide forwards than pure wingers. Sterling, Werner, Mbappe, Sancho, Neymar, all are wide forwards & playmakers more than pure wingers. They start wide initially more as a tactical device to stretch teams and stop the middle from being overcrowded. But their teams don't really release the ball to them in those wide position very often.

Messi983

We have literally zero chances to get Werner. From what I've read Liverpool has a first option or something on him which they can utilise before the end of April and he's also crazy to go there playing for Klopp and with some of his former teammates.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We have literally zero chances to get Werner. From what I've read Liverpool has a first option or something on him which they can utilise before the end of April and he's also crazy to go there playing for Klopp and with some of his former teammates.

You'll always have zero chances if you don't even try. If Barca have zero chances of getting him it's most likely because they rule him out because he doesn't have the mythical Barca DNA or some other bullshit.

serghei

You'll always have zero chances if you don't even try. If Barca have zero chances of getting him it's most likely because they rule him out because he doesn't have the mythical Barca DNA or some other bullshit.

Yea, exactly. We need to broaden the profile of players we usually go after. Bring in some other types of players, not only fancy South Americans, often Brazilians.

mc_lovin

Yea, exactly. We need to broaden the profile of players we usually go after. Bring in some other types of players, not only fancy South Americans, often Brazilians.

To be fair those players brought us plenty of success and are part of our identity.

Messi983

I'm also tired of missing out on players because of this Barça DNA thing but even if we would want and try to sign him what makes you think he'd prefer to come here over Liverpool where he has his fellow countryman as a manager who plays a style of football that suits him better and he also already knows some of his future team mates. MATS could convince him to join us (don't how close are they though) but all other factors are in L'pool's favour imo.

Also keep in mind we could have elections this year which could stop/delay our transfer activities and Werner (like most of the players we could target) will probably want to have his future decided before Euro.

That said I'm not totally sure if Werner is what we need but I'd still prefer to get him and a good creative midfielder like Aouar probably for a combined price of one Lautaro (well, probably 10-20m more but still).

serghei

I'm also tired of missing out on players because of this Barça DNA thing but even if we would want and try to sign him what makes you think he'd prefer to come here over Liverpool where he has his fellow countryman as a manager who plays a style of football that suits him better and he also already knows some of his future team mates. MATS could convince him to join us (don't how close are they though) but all other factors are in L'pool's favour imo.

Also keep in mind we could have elections this year which could stop/delay our transfer activities and Werner (like most of the players we could target) will probably want to have his future decided before Euro.

That said I'm not totally sure if Werner is what we need but I'd still prefer to get him and a good creative midfielder like Aouar probably for a combined price of one Lautaro (well, probably 10-20m more but still).

IMO, even though Liverpool are better team atm, Barca and Madrid are the biggest clubs overall. You just don't know for sure a player wouldn't come here, considering we offer pretty much the full package. Sure, it can happen, but I doubt a proposition from Barcelona wouldn't be carefully analyzed by any player almost.

Also, Liverpool have an elite front 3. At Barcelona he'd probably start right away.

aragorn

IMO, even though Liverpool are better team atm, Barca is the biggest club overall. You just don't know for sure a player wouldn't come here, considering we offer pretty much the full package. Sure, it can happen, but I doubt a proposition from Barcelona wouldn't be carefully analyzed by any player almost.

Also, Liverpool have an elite front 3. At Barcelona he'd probably start right away.

Are we sure about that? Liverpool have more CL now, comparable leagues despite their drought for the past 30 years - we have the clear upper hand only in terms of the domestic cup! If any, they probably have more right to say that we were better only because of the recent success which was more because of hitting a jackpot with the GOAT! And that Liverpool has historically been bigger!!

serghei

Are we sure about that? Liverpool have more CL now, comparable leagues despite their drought for the past 30 years - we have the clear upper hand only in terms of the domestic cup! If any, they probably have more right to say that we were better only because of the recent success which was more because of hitting a jackpot with the GOAT! And that Liverpool has historically been bigger!!

100% sure.

120m€ wont be enough to get Sancho. Dortmund ll demand more like 150m€.

Then u have read nonsense. He has a normal clause, that must be activated until the end of April and everyone can activate it. Bayern have denied their interest some time ago and if he wants to play for an elite club, then he must leave Germany and Liverpool seems to be the obvious destination with Klopp and their way of playing.

Yannik

This season he has played a different role where he starts from the left wing and comes inside. I think it could work.

That's actually what he always does, playing in 2 striker formations. He isn't great at being a No.9 and he isn't great as a winger. He is however great at being a hybrid in both.

Home of Barca Fans