Thiago Silva

mixer

I think we can end the speculations now. He's not going anywhere. A statement from his agent on PSG's official site is enough for it I guess: http://www.psg.fr/fr/Actus/003001/Article/62838/Tonieto-T-Silva-ira-au-bout-de-son-contrat

He said the same thing earlier... You know they always say that. Neymar's father/agent also said neyney is staying until 2014

Thiago Silva decided to take a break from the holiday season and earlier this week to go to Paris to personally talk to the new coach, Laurent Blanc, and communicate to him their intention to depart from PSG and accept offers of FC Barcelona.

His upcoming trip to Europe is proof that this is not a hoax on the part of the stopwatch. Thiago Silva doesn't want to join the team, which will begin on July 22 in Sweden to prepare for the preseason. Representative of Brazil already has decided that he wants to take a step forward and will try to exert pressure on his club, that has agreed to his transfer to Barcelona.

There are a lot of themes, for which Thiago Silva decided to definitely change the environment. The first, as he publicly asserted, is that "he dreams of" a game for Barcelona. Another reason is that the Brazilian experience of friendship and trust both of the envoys, the Club President Sandro Rosell and his companions with representation-Alves and Neymar. All this contributed to the fact that Thiago Silva would like to play together with them in the one club. However, there are even more reasons, and not just those of the parties, but also on the part of the Barça Paris Saint-Germain. The departure of Carlo Ancelotti and Leonardo, his trusted people and supporters at the Paris Club, have made the goal of Thiago became the transfer to Barcelona.

As reported in last week's Journal of Sports player has already achieved agreement with the Barcelona orally, it was found that would play at the Club from Catalonia by the next five seasons. As expected the Brazilian would be willing to accede to a reduction in their earnings if it would allow the incarnation in the ranks of the Barça. Of course, both the player and his agent they deny the existence of such an agreement, because the granting of it could result in a sanction from FIFA, which prohibits players conduct such negotiations as long as until the end of the contract left them not less than six months.

Thus, at the meeting, which will take place from the coach, Thiago Silva will be able to communicate his will to the Parisian team. The Brazilian is sure that the French coach will try to dissuade him from its provisions, however, the decision has already been taken and Barcelona is hoping that it will be presented in a way that is so clear and unambiguous that PSG will not have other way how to sit to negotiate with the Catalan club.

If this strategy proves to be an effective President of PSG, Al Khelaifi, will have no other option but to seek the best possible for his club form of departure. Barcelona is well aware that the negotiations will not be easy, because the Paris Club is not known selling players, especially since the Authority took over investor with Qatar. What's more a year ago Paris Saint-Germian Milan paid for Thiago Silva 42 million euro, so surely will want to recover a greater portion of this investment, which allowed the Brazilian to enjoy the game just for one season.

from sport

Last edited:

rafals

Don't you think that it's one thing to say that to the press and the other to make it public on an official site? What I mean that for me this is much more reliable than all the bullshit that we are being served by media all the time. Now it looks like he decided to stay and while this transfer requires a direct involvement from the player himself, I don't see this happening.

Yaya

Pretty much the only player whose transfer can wash the bad taste that Thiago's departure left. He'll be expensive as fuck but in the end everyone will be happy. That's how it is.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I think we need to be more imaginative like the other clubs who actually become successful in building a team. Look at bayern signing the relatively unknown Dante (only people who watch bundesliga closely would have known about him). Or even ourselves when we bought pique for a low fee.

Boris

It's easy to make FCBarcelona pay a lot of money, since there's always almost only one single player that we could use in our style... So, i do expect 35 mils + price tag, which is insane for most players, let alone DEFENDER in his 29s.

I

instinct

Pretty much the only player whose transfer can wash the bad taste that Thiago's departure left. He'll be expensive as fuck but in the end everyone will be happy. That's how it is.

Hm, I don't know if everyone would be happy. It's crazy, when we are linked with Silva, I doubt that he will a long-term solution for our problems but on the other hand he is currently the best defender in the world but Marcos could be our new Silva in 3 years so it would be better to get him.

When we are linked with Marcos, I have the bad feeling that his missing experience in big games against teams like Real, Bayern or ManU will not help us in these games.

I seriously don't know wether to sign Silva or Marcos...

oz187

Hm, I don't know if everyone would be happy. It's crazy, when we are linked with Silva, I doubt that he will a long-term solution for our problems but on the other hand he is currently the best defender in the world but Marcos could be our new Silva in 3 years so it would be better to get him.
If Pique, Puyol and Mascherano were all fit and healthy and we truly believed we could rely on them to stay that way then taking a risk on Marcos or some other youngster would be a good option. However the immediate need for someone that can definitely come into the team is greater, hence why Silva is the best option.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
If Pique, Puyol and Mascherano were all fit and healthy and we truly believed we could rely on them to stay that way then taking a risk on Marcos or some other youngster would be a good option. However the immediate need for someone that can definitely come into the team is greater, hence why Silva is the best option.

Exactly dude

Antimadridista1

Anyone know if he has buyout clause, and how much is it?

There's no buyout clause in Ligue 1 (France).

btw : This week could be crucial for the transfer of PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28) to Barcelona. Deal possibly to be closed for 42M. [cope]

Is cadena cope reliable ?

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I'd rather pay 42M for Thiago Silva instead of around 10M for guys like Rami. Either get the best or get nobody. Fed up with subtop players being bought by Zubi.

xxxxxx

There's no buyout clause in Ligue 1 (France).

btw : This week could be crucial for the transfer of PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28) to Barcelona. Deal possibly to be closed for 42M. [cope]

Is cadena cope reliable ?

Well... they broke the news about Thiago wanting to go Bayern.

Shegzy

Uhhh, our attack is almost perfect now with Neymar.. Our midfield is BXI.. Our problem has been our defence. How many times did Pique fail at his job. Everyweek and also in the clasico's. Ronaldo destroyed him and Bartra doesn't have it to perform in the CL.. Unfortunately. Wich means Thiago.S could solve alot of our problems

no cb will solve any of our problem even if u get Ts and chielini the problem won't be solved maybe it will be reduced and that is even maybe.the problem we have is not only the cause of the cb it is this coupled with two attacking fullback,slower xavi,lack of pressing.bringing ts would not solve this problem.it has always been counter attacking teams that defend and attack in numbers that has always been our problem because since guardiola cam,e our team had become attack minded every player we replaced from that time to now were more defensively solid than the ones we replaced them with.we had elevated the ball playing skills over their actual ability in the position we are bringing them to fill.if we sign ts and our tactics remain the same we will hardly win anything but if our tactics change we can win everything.

Home of Barca Fans