Thiago Silva

Meitux

Depends on how far he's willing to go. If he hands in a transfer request or something, we could get him. Doubt he will though.
He said he would like to play here but that he isnt unhappy on PSG either.So i dont see him pushing it to the limits and be desperate to come

He said he would like to play here but that he isnt unhappy on PSG either.So i dont see him pushing it to the limits and be desperate to come

Yeah, like I said, I doubt he'll push hard enough for us to get him. I think it'd be best if we give up this Thiago Silva thing and go for Marquinhos or someone instead.

Mr Hulot

We had to sell Thiago, just to have enough money to spend to this guy? Where are the millions Neymar is bringing us back, just because he is a such a marketing goldmine?

Meitux

We aint gonna make it.PSG doesnt wanna negotiate,if it was another team we would have real chances.But PSG? one of the richest clubs in the world

Duke

We had to sell Thiago, just to have enough money to spend to this guy? Where are the millions Neymar is bringing us back, just because he is a such a marketing goldmine?

we didn't sell Thiago, Bayern met Thiago's buy out clause and they been generous enough to give us a tip on top of the 18m.

oz187

18M + 20% tax is 21.2M. Maybe there was an element of wanting relationships between the clubs to remain good. Maybe Pep didn't want the club just taking advantage of the buyout clause. Maybe Thiago wanted to maintain some relationship with the club by forgoing his payment.

leon

Given the price tag of TS, i begin to prefer David Luiz. And we would need two more CBs, since Masc may be needed in the midfield next season.

Stric

I don't know how the details work, but they paid extra to avoid some tax problems, and allegedly to keep a good relationship between the clubs, whatever that means. :lol:

Back on topic... Looking from Silva's perspective - I'm 29, pushing 30, I'm the best center-back in the world, and I play for an oil-money club that won't win anything worth noting while I'm here.

It's only logical that he'd want to use the best years of his career elsewhere.

JamDav1982

18M + 20% tax is 21.2M. Maybe there was an element of wanting relationships between the clubs to remain good. Maybe Pep didn't want the club just taking advantage of the buyout clause. Maybe Thiago wanted to maintain some relationship with the club by forgoing his payment.

The tax was more than that was it not.

Certainly with the numbers being banded about it was.

leon

I don't know how the details work, but they paid extra to avoid some tax problems, and allegedly to keep a good relationship between the clubs, whatever that means. :lol:

Back on topic... Looking from Silva's perspective - I'm 29, pushing 30, I'm the best center-back in the world, and I play for an oil-money club that won't win anything worth noting while I'm here.

It's only logical that he'd want to use the best years of his career elsewhere.
Silva has an injury prone, and he will be more of a liability than asset - like Abidal, or even Puyol. Besides, the best time for us was last season when Milan allegedly want a Thiago - Thiago swap. Now we sold our T for 25 and get another T for 50?? Yeah I can't wait!

Home of Barca Fans