Thiago Alcantara

Meitux

I know Bayern Munich is the German National team pretty much. He wouldn't be competing with Gotze because isn't Gotze considered a winger like Neymar? If not then I don't understand why people compared him to Neymar. Thiago will compete with five other people for three spots (it's gonna be four by end season). He will be up against Kroos and Schweinsteiger directly. What difference are they to Xavi and Iniesta?
No..Gotze is an attacking midfielder,he tends to move at the wing sometimes.Most people think that hes also another one who has a secured spot

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Götze could play both on the wings (RW to be more precise) or in the center (a false 9), and increasingly he is favoring the latter. He could be the perfect German Messi or Iniesta. Schweinsteiger is no Xavi or Iniesta, to me he is more like Busquets while Kroos is taking up the Xavi role.

As much as Guardiola wants to make Thiago a starter, he has to play delicate balancing game with his German stars which might risk causing some sort of commotion in the dressing room. Of course, he might just adopt Heyenckes' rotation approach.

Fishdoll

Bakalao
The one most likely to be screwed in this setup is Javi Martinez who may well be forced into playing a position he HATES playing (CB).

Meitux

Götze could play both on the wings (RW to be more precise) or in the center (a false 9), and increasingly he is favoring the latter. He could be the perfect German Messi or Iniesta. Schweinsteiger is no Xavi or Iniesta, to me he is more like Busquets while Kroos is taking up the Xavi role.

As much as Guardiola wants to make Thiago a starter, he has to play delicate balancing game with his German stars which might risk causing some sort of commotion in the dressing room. Of course, he might just adopt Heyenckes' rotation approach.
Schweinsteiger isnt like Busquets,last seasons he has played as box to box.Unlikely Busquets,Schweinsteiger has way better attacking abilities so you can't say that hes a clear DM.Clearly Martinez had that role.

By the way,the most possibilities are Pep using 4-1-4-1 so i see Gotze having a spot inside those 2 attacking midfilders.

Last edited:

Stric

The one most likely to be screwed in this setup is Javi Martinez who may well be forced into playing a position he HATES playing (CB).

I fear it might be so, and I hate it. Obviously Pep has got a plan in his head, and we've seen he's not a conventional thinker - but I hate where this is going. Pulling Javi Martinez, a brilliant DM, into the back four, which is not his position and where he's not as good, only to accommodate Thiago, a great AM, into the DM role, which is not his position and where he's not as good. :facepalm: Schweini and Martinez are the perfect pair, but I guess Pep doesn't give a shit about those things. :lol:

Jadentheman

we shall see. Honestly Thiago is an AM. He will rotate with Kroos most likely. He won't be a starter at least till 2014/2015 season after the WC

loozy

Guardiola announced to the German media that something like set starters don't exist at Bayern anymore (aside from Neuer). Let's see how long he will adhere to that ;)

CesDel

That letter made it worse for me.. He mentions how Barça did everything for him and how does he repayed them? By leaving the cub when he was ready to be a starter...

hardyboy

Thiago Alcantara pens farewell letter to Barcelona and Tito Vilanova

a3c15b7b-7a38-4ca0-aef3-23b70c979465

On his official twitter account, Thiago sent a photo of a letter dedicated to all the fans, thanking them for all of their support and explaining his decision to leave the club.

“I didn’t want to end my time at Barça without saying goodbye to you all, as you have always been there for me.”

To all the supporters: leaving the home which has taken care of you for 14 years…A difficult, long-considered, decision. Phases in life come to an end, changes of direction come along. I still have the same enthusiasm for playing football and competing now as I did when I arrived at Barcelona as a child. And that ambition, enthusiasm and the circumstances in this sport have led me to Munich.

At Barcelona, I grew as a player and as a person. It sounds like a cliché and is what people say in these circumstances, but it really is the case. I would like to thank everyone at the club, at all levels. Barça and the people there have given me everything, they have helped me grow, mature and learn from both good and bad situations.

Thiago then continued by adding a special message of support and encouragement to his former manager, Tito Vilanova.

And to you Tito, a fighter…like we said to Abi (Éric Abidal): ‘Stones in the road? Keep them all, one day you will build a castle.’ No-one has any doubt you’ll come out ahead.

Thiago concluded by thanking Barcelona one final time.

A grateful hug and long live Barça!

Home of Barca Fans