Thiago Alcantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You're more of a fan of Pep and Thiago than of Barca..i wouldn't be surprised if you start supporting Bayern in coming years..

:lol: wtf... So if I don't take a blind "The club is sacred" stance on certain matters I'm not a Barca fan? I'm objective towards football outside Barca, I'm not going to stop liking Pep and Thiago just because they left. Saying biased, pro-Barca things doesn't make you a better fan. Go on believing what you want but I can tell you that I am a Barca fan and I love this club more than any other (except Athletic).

Stric

I quite remember tito telling the press that he talked to thiago and tried to convince him, So it's either one of those 3 things:
1-Tito lied (Highly unlikely)
2-Thiago lied (Unlikely)
3-Thiago had a different meaning to 'valuing' him, Which doesn't involve regular talks with the coach, But talks with the club about improved contract. (Most likely)

Here is the thing, You don't get to expect a better contract by simply being good enough to stay on the bench, And certainly not when you already intend to leave, What a spoiled brat.
Thank god he's gone.

I remember Tito saying that he thinks he had been fair to Thiago this season, and something along the lines of - that's how it is, I'm not going to promise anything better than that. That's a pretty clear "get lost if you don't like it" to me.

I quite remember tito telling the press that he talked to thiago and tried to convince him, So it's either one of those 3 things:
1-Tito lied (Highly unlikely)
2-Thiago lied (Unlikely)
3-Thiago had a different meaning to 'valuing' him, Which doesn't involve regular talks with the coach, But talks with the club about improved contract. (Most likely)

Exactly. Is he calling Tito a liar when he said the club didn't contact him?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm not expecting everyone to feel the same way or have a unanimous opinion, just saying that if you are going to repetitively express your hate for him then at least use logic and reason to back it up rather than wild conspiracy theories or extremism.

It is not uncommon for fans to dislike players who willingly left for greener pastures. There is not an awfully lot of logic in either love or hate.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:lol: wtf... So if I don't take a blind "The club is sacred" stance on certain matters I'm not a Barca fan? I'm objective towards football outside Barca, I'm not going to stop liking Pep and Thiago just because they left. Saying biased, pro-Barca things doesn't make you a better fan. Go on believing what you want but I can tell you that I am a Barca fan and I love this club more than any other (except Athletic).

More than Thiago and Guardiola, Don? ;)

What? You are a Bilbao fan?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It is not uncommon for fans to dislike players who willingly left for greener pastures. There is not an awfully lot of logic in either love or hate.

Yeah, emotions and logic don't exist together. Even if you see objectively why someone did something you can still hate them for it.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Why even bother debating it now, Tito is gone and it would have ultimately been his decision to give Thiago a pay-raise or not.

It says something when Thiago went and told everybody bye except Tito.

There must have been something there between these two.

We just gotta move forward with the Tata era. I get the feeling this guy is a mad tactician the more I read up on him. I have a good feeling about this guy, I think he's just what we need.

Cule4life

The Culest
I quite remember tito telling the press that he talked to thiago and tried to convince him, So it's either one of those 3 things

This "talk" involved Tito saying to Thiago " I have been fair to you this season and cant promise you anything better next season". He might as well have shut the door in his face.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA

Sport and Mundo Deportivo reported that Thiago came and told all the players and the staff bye except for Tito.

He won't say it now but Thiago probably would have stayed if he knew a new coach was coming in.

For whatever reason, these 2 didn't like it each other. It was probably due to the fact that Tito was choosing Cesc over Thiago until the end of the season. Most don't realize that Cesc started more games than any other Barcelona played not named Valdes last season.

Last edited:
Sport and Mundo Deportivo reported that Thiago came and told all the players and the staff bye except for Tito.

He won't say it now but Thiago probably would have stayed if he knew a new coach was coming in.

For whatever reason, these 2 didn't like it each other. It was probably due to the fact that Tito was choosing Cesc over Thiago until the end of the season. Most don't realize that Cesc started more games than any other Barcelona played not named Valdes last season.

I saw some quote from Thiago about the coach not mattering, but it must have.

I still don't get why he kept saying the club didn't contact him when Tito did, unless he is talking about his contract.

Stric

He won't say it now but he probably would have stayed if he knew a new coach was coming in.

:lol: :lol: You're joking, right? Nice job basing such controversial claims on what Sport and MD publish. :facepalm: Do you really think he came to the Ciutat Esportiva, said goodbye to everyone except Tito and left? And surely if he was so pissed at him that they aren't speaking to each other, he wouldn't have mentioned him by name in his goodbye letter.

You might be right about that second part, though. It could have been a different story if he had known this would happen. Not necessarily, but possibly. Still, it would have been a gamble for him again, because he would still have to stay for another entire season to see how it goes with Martino.

Home of Barca Fans