Thiago Alcantara

Tezemery

What is Thiago's excuse last summer? and the summer before that? i suppose that was Rossell's fault as well when Laporta was president.

Jadentheman

Would be pissed if Barca made a move for him to come especially after he makes it big. The club will pay double to return him maybe another record breaking transfer all to screw up the team dynamic again.

xaviniestas

Hes a Bayern player now ffs just leave it alone. Lots of players leave.... No big deal. Too many people here cant get over him. Sergi Roberto will turn out to be a better player.

This. After Figo i realized that i only care about players who actually play for barca, and no others. (the eto'o transfer still makes me mad tho) I wasnt like he was a legend for us or something. I only want people who wear the blaugrana shirt with PRIDE

jklz

Would be pissed if Barca made a move for him to come especially after he makes it big. The club will pay double to return him maybe another record breaking transfer all to screw up the team dynamic again.

His current contract runs until 2017, presidential elections in 2016.. If Bayern hasn't renewed his contract by then, there's a possibility to sign him then. Of course, it's very early to even discuss this kind of stuff, kid hasn't played a single official game for Bayern yet.

spark

Basically he wanted Barca to get on their knees and beg him to stay. Something like what they did with Valdes even though Valdes agent said many times he wasn't renewing. Difference is you earn that kind worth on the field over many years or you are a once in life time talent like Messi. I feel they might have approached him if his gripe was reasonable and he was getting the 85 minute sub treatment but in the club it probably came across as ungrateful for a player to play nearly 90 games in 2 seasons in spite of injuries over those two seasons and be unhappy.

Last edited:
Basically he wanted Barca to get on their knees and beg him to stay. Something like what they did with Valdes even though Valdes agent said many times he wasn't renewing. Difference is you earn that kind worth on the field over many years or you are a once in life time talent like Messi. I feel they might have approached him if his gripe was reasonable and he was getting the 85 minute sub treatment but in the club it probably came across as ungrateful for a player to play nearly 90 games in 2 seasons in spite of injuries over those two seasons and be unhappy.

I think tito didn't try to convince Valdes b.c, according to tito, Valdes knew everything there was to know about how the club treats its players,'
Thiago wanted Barca to convince him with money probably.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
'Barcelona didn't value me' - Thiago

By Miles Chambers
Jul 25, 2013 8:09:00 PM

The midfielder has denied suggestions he was close to joining Manchester United and says he had his heart set on a move to Bayern Munich this summer
Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara has hit out at Barcelona for undervaluing him during his time at the club.

The midfielder left Camp Nou for €20 million earlier in July, ignoring overtures from Manchester United to join up with former coach Pep Guardiola at the Allianz Arena.

"I wanted to feel valued," Thiago revealed to Rac1 on Thursday. "I wanted to leave and the club didn't do anything to make me stay.

"They knew I wanted to leave, but nobody from the club got in contact to [try to] persuade me to stay. In any case, you can't dwell on the past - it's better to look to the future.

"[Munich] is wonderful, very pretty and the people at the club and in the city have made things much easier for me [to settle in]."

The 22-year-old denied claims from his father and agent Mazinho that he nearly chose to join United ahead of the Bavarians while refusing to rule out a return to the Catalans in the future, despite not liking his treatment this summer.

"Nobody from Manchester United spoke to us," Thiago added. "Bayern were always my first option. Did Real Madrid want me? That's my business.

"During the summer I had a lot of patience, I was waiting and waiting [for Barca to make an offer] but there comes a [stopping] point.

"I would never close the door on Barca though - the club gave me so much."
Poor guy.

mixer

Well, they beg valdes to stay? He didnt renew and they dealt with it, no one wanted to buy him tbh and barca didnt beg him just asked to stay coz they didnt want to buy a gk now, he will leave for free next summer

Sent from my Neo V using Tapatalk

Now that all came to light, the thiago lovers will finally realize that it wasn't about playing time but money.
He wanted Barca to improve the offer bayern made him.

I'm glad our people didn't give into this type of players. Mercenaries by nature.

they always run where they feel more "appreciated" by the money.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Where did money come into question? If it was money, I'm sure Madrid and United would've offered plenty. :lol: You made one assumption about money and now stick to it as if it's pure fact when there's not even a shred of evidence. Your logic clearly states "if not playing time--->money-hungry mercenary". He was waiting for Barca to persuade him to stay, that doesn't necessarily mean a loaded contract.

Jadentheman

United was ready to throw all the money they had at Thiago. Redcafe was even willing to help! :lol:

It wasn't about the money (mostly). It was about going where he was appreciated and trusted

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thiago: "Man United didn't talk with me. Bayern was always my first option. Real Madrid tried to sign me? No comment." [rac1]

And some body was trying to make me feel guilty for calling Pep a batsard when I was blaming him for tapping up Thiago... saying Pep didn't and it was only his last minute involvement that made Thiago move to Bayern!!

BULL-SHIT!! It was Pep that fcuked us over :angry:
It's funny how the kid hasn't got brains enough to not reveal this in public, just a day after his father was still saying that they were in talks with Utd :D

Exactly. One of them is lying. I have a feeling it is the junior.

Home of Barca Fans