Thiago Alcantara

tello

Alexis will show up next season.

:blowup::omg::rofl1:

That's the funnyest thing I've read in months regarding football...

Thiago was good only as a reserve for the small games. IMO he is still clearely unprepared to sub Xavi's role or to be a clear starter at Barca. He seemed a completely different player under Pep. Under Tito he was just non existent except loosing tons of balls in the sensitive part of the midfield that lead to lightning fast and deadly counter attacks. Tito might be to blame too. The management didn't do a good job either loosing such a prospect at only 25 milion while Xavi is 33 and Cesc not really what we all have hoped for to be in our game.

The guy clearely has potential but he has a long way to go. I think he'll eventualy shine again under Pep if he gets his chances !

This management seems quite mediocre ! Thiago shouldn't under no circumstance slip through our fingers that easely and at only 25 milion, we could have easely sold him for 30-35 milion if we had a good and healthy management !

Last edited:
At Bayern, he'll have a coach who actually gives a shit about him, and will treat him far better than he was treated last season. Even if he isn't an automatic starter.

Pep played him more ( he din't get injured) we lost la liga- Pep cares for Thiago and Pep is the best
Tito played him less (he would have played him the same amount of time if it wasn't for his injury) - we win la liga with a record- Tito doesn't care for Thiago and Tito is the worst.

And we try to buy him back for 60M.

Of course, this time it's from Bayern and not Arsenal.

If Bayern continue to be the best team in the world, why would he want to leave the best team in the world for Barca?

I hope you don't think the kid actually loves the club that much?
he just left the sinking ship b.c his dream is not to triumph in barca but in football.

DennyCrane

Random find:

xv48were.jpg

Hamzah

High Definition Member
People need to stop crying over this. At the end of the day he didn't actually contribute anything to the clubs success and was a bit part player. It's not like we're losing a key player like iniesta who's helped us to win titles. If he wasn't there we'd have still been successful and still will be in the future.

People need to stop crying over this. At the end of the day he didn't actually contribute anything to the clubs success and was a bit part player. It's not like we're losing a key player like iniesta who's helped us to win titles. If he wasn't there we'd have still been successful and still will be in the future.

We are losing a player who would have become a key player in the future. Pretty near future, in fact, with Xavi's decline.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You're just thinking in present terms. As a future prospect, Thiago offered a LOT and losing him means losing a player who could be among the best in the world in the future. He would've been a very crucial player for us going forward, but now we don't have that option.

:(

Man, am I sad... Thiago is easily one of the players I enjoy the most...

Maybe I am just pessimistic, but I think today is sadly a somehow important day for the club, as a promising young player, educated in our academies, decides to leave for a club that he will face equal or maybe even more competition for a place in the starting 11. When something like this happens it is a clear indication that something wrong is going on with the way our club is run.

What a sad sad day...

Tello and Montoya have had good offers from other teams ( montoya should deff be starting over alves and Tello over villa or sanchez) But they have decided to stay and even extend their contracts to remain at the club. We can't assume that all apples are rotten (tello, montoya) just b.c one of them was ( Thiago).

Mr Hulot

Imagine losing Xavi, Iniesta or Messi when they were just 22.

Home of Barca Fans