The Negreira case

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nobody is talking about it? The silence from the fandom is deafening. It allegedly started in 2003 when Laporta was there and I have read reports saying it predated Laporta, however Gaspart denied it. Getting lots of attention in Spain, especially from Madrid fans and pro-Madrid outlets. The club issued a statement several days ago denying any wrongdoing and has launched an internal investigation, in addition to an external investigation.

Some reports said that we could be docked points or even relegated if proven guilty, however Tebas already said that there will be no sporting sanctions from La Liga as the Spanish sports law revised in 1990 apparently set the statute of limitations to three years. However, both UEFA and FIFA could look into this, potentially banning us from European football.

Whether we did something wrong or not, no doubt before even they conclude any investigation the image of the club is taking a huge dent. I worry that we might lose some current sponsors because of this, not to mention getting new sponsors.

Some background info and reports:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soc...ned-case-punishments/l2srkrgf1bpnqy1mtwx5yuxt

https://english.elpais.com/sports/2...-barcelona-a-corrupt-referee-or-a-conman.html

https://www.football-espana.net/202...nish-justice-could-pursue-in-el-caso-negreira

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah, I was surprised it was picked up so late or discussed here on the forums. News broke out what? Monday? Don't know what to make of it. Disgusting if tru. We won't be punished or sanctioned due to statute of limitations. Still...if we do no come out clean it will be a huge stain. Won't be able to accuse Real as easily of referee holding their hands.

jamrock

When tebas who tries to throw us under the bus at every opportunity says we good, then their is nothing to talk about..

Last edited:

Porque

Bartoleak?

Considering it's coming out after the statute of limitations has passed. And then he comes out saying that not only did he stop it, that's also Laporta started it.

serghei

Smells fishy to me.

This is La Liga... this is how we lost leagues in that period.

NISTB4RWZVMD7FOMRICRCAVRUY.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Tebas is right though that it doesn't matter what the outcome/end result (whether we truly were benefited from any ref's decisions) was, if they can prove and establish that we had the intent/motive to influence the refs, it would be considered guilty.

I am afraid this is not going to end well for us. Not losing any sponsors? We will see, when Barcagate broke out Dannon cancelled the sponsorship deal. This can be much worse.

serghei

Nothing story, really... Chances we paid refs in this league to gain favors are zero. Back in those days they didn't even give us goals when the ball clearly crossed the line. Lost valuable points that way in the only season when it was a close fight, 2016-17 I think.

It just doesn't make any sense in terms of logic.

Home of Barca Fans