The Negreira case

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thank you, but what about the money that spent, does it really seem its part of the reception needed for the refs!

You are referring to money Negreira spent pampering some refs with gifts etc.? That doesn't mean much unless there is evidence that he explicitly or implicitly instructed/induced/coerced those refs to make favorite decisions for us.

serghei

You are referring to money Negreira spent pampering some refs with gifts etc.? That doesn't mean much unless there is evidence that he explicitly or implicitly instructed/induced/coerced those refs to make favorite decisions for us.

That's correct. The club is in control here imo. If they know they didn't try to influence refs, then it's all fine, it's basically a media scandal, and even then, not that terrible if we are perceived as having that amount of power as to rule La Liga lol. :lol: The fact that a club like Madrid pulled the victim card is hilarious and in some twisted way helps us. Shows that they also have type of complex against Barcelona, it's not just us that have inferiority complex regarding their insane collection of European titles. They must also have some inferiority complex regarding our mega-dominating sides. Deep down they know none of their teams is a match for Pep or MSN Barca. Hilarious to see that manifesting for a club with almost 15 CL titles.

I think our club showed many signs of self-sabotage, especially during Rosell and Barto eras, but to say that we were helped by refs in La Liga is absolutely bonkers and hilarious for anyone that actually watched the games during the period in question.

Morally we're totally fine. Legally, probably fine too if not for some major fuck up from some idiotic President. We could be caught by some sort of technicality, but I doubt it.

If we are cleared in this, we actually look victorious.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's correct. The club is in control here imo. If they know they didn't try to influence refs, then it's all fine, it's basically a media scandal, and even then, not that terrible if we are perceived as having that amount of power as to rule La Liga lol. :lol: The fact that a club like Madrid pulled the victim card is hilarious and in some twisted way helps us. Shows that they also have type of complex against Barcelona, it's not just us that have inferiority complex regarding their insane collection of European titles. They must also have some inferiority complex regarding our mega-dominating sides. Deep down they know none of their teams is a match for Pep or MSN Barca. Hilarious to see that manifesting for a club with almost 15 CL titles.

I think our club showed many signs of self-sabotage, especially during Rosell and Barto eras, but to say that we were helped by refs in La Liga is absolutely bonkers and hilarious for anyone that actually watched the games during the period in question.

Morally we're totally fine. Legally, probably fine too if not for some major fuck up from some idiotic President. We could be caught by some sort of technicality, but I doubt it.

If we are cleared in this, we actually look victorious.

I am not sure if we can completely come clean from this, best case scenario is that we spent lot of money trying to lobby on something that had practically no impact on us or anything in the end (a total waste of 7m essentially). It would still make us look like fools.

serghei

I am not sure if we can completely come clean from this, best case scenario is that we spent lot of money trying to lobby on something that had practically no impact on us or anything in the end (a total waste of 7m essentially). It would still make us look like fools.

True... if Madrid didn't play the victim card mega-early. They fucked up too. They should have ridiculed us instead of playing the victim card as if Barca are this monster that crushed them in terms of influence.

They somehow managed to make us seem attacked from all sides even before the case happened formally, and everybody knows that this kind of attack is only carried against the big dogs. Imo, for a club of such power themselves, Madrid fucked up positioning themselves in this as some sort of victim. This proves to me that Madrid fan mentality is not much different compared to Barca fan mentality. They are both cut from the same cloth in Spain.

They especially fucked up adopting this stance with no evidence at all, showing that their fans are just as obsessed by Barca as Barca fans are with Madrid.

Last edited:

Barcelonista001

New signing
The mentality originated due to political situation, i agree alot of questioning regarding their titles domestically and continent.
Do hope someone fish them up.

vuji_31

This club is so dead.
If they are already checking solutions, this is everything against what Laporta said that they didn't do any crime.
Club reputation is getting worst every day more and more...
Nail in coffin will be if they really bribed Negreira and referees.

serghei

Relax.

The club didn't do anything wrong morally.

Now they just have to make sure they don't get caught being dumb. The chances we bribed refs to gain an advantage are zero for anyone who has eyes and saw the actual games.

We already know the club didn't get any favors from refs. The seasons in questions are the ones where the ball went in like 1m vs Betis and the refs didn't give a goal. :lol: WTF are we even talking about?

The last season under Lucho, the league was lost down to apalling refereeing jobs. We should have secured 3/3 titles under MSN normally.

serghei

Only a certified moron would believe the club outdid Madrid in politics game in Spain. :lol:

Only 2 options here. Either the league is corrupt at the top en masse and we are the only dumb ones to get caught, or it's all a media scandal with little to no connection to actual provable corruption.

My bet is on option 2. There's no organized corruption, and the errors we see are a bit tilted towards Madrid simply because most refs are Madrid fans and sometimes they can't completely hide that from their jobs.

Real Madrid are the no1 team of Spain and it's somewhat normal for most officials to be their fans behind the curtains. I believe most refs are fair overall, I have my doubts over Manzano, but the rest, no problem with any of them.

JamDav1982

La Liga have more or less said no referees were bribed but the intention matters.

So decisions for and against Barca are irrelevant really anyway.

serghei

La Liga have more or less said no referees were bribed but the intention matters.

So decisions for and against Barca are irrelevant really anyway.

Intention regarding what? All that has come out, even in pure hypotheticals, is Barca making sure the refs aren't being biased towards Madrid, based on something implied by Negreira even. Nothing about refs being biased towards Barca.

JamDav1982

Intention regarding what? All that has come out, even in pure hypotheticals, is Barca making sure the refs aren't being biased towards Madrid, based on something implied by Negreira even. Nothing about refs being biased towards Barca.

The intention to bribe officials and get an unfair advantage.

Pointing to decisions for and against Barca at this point is largely irrelevant and both sides still at it and think they have evidence.

serghei

The intention to bribe officials and get an unfair advantage.

Pointing to decisions for and against Barca at this point is largely irrelevant and both sides still at it and think they have evidence.

Let's see them. Nothing yet.

Even Bartomeu is not that dumb as to get caught in this. This is an embarassing case of the club paying millions to a hustler and looking like clowns in the process.

Home of Barca Fans