Tennis

Laplacian

Always a mystery to me what the hell happened to Federer's forehand from 2008 onwards. That used to be the most vicious shot I'd ever seen (along with the Sampras serve) in both power and precision. Fast forwards to 2011-2017 when he wasn't ancient ancient, his forehands were tame and loopy.

Changes in racket technology and a refusal/stubbornness to adapt to it. It also affected his backhand. He mentions this quite a few times in one of his interviews, and pretty much says he regrets not immediately doing the necessary work to change his form between 2008-2010 as was recommended by his coach. Him finally working on it is what he cites as a prime reason behind his success between 2017-2019. I don't remember which interview this was though, you're going to have to look for it yourself.

Porque

Nadal be scared of those Kyrgios shots straight to the abdomin.

Crowd would have "oooh" and "boed" every attempt like it was Hulk Hogan versus the Iron Sheik.

Rafa let us down. Could of been the moment that resurrected the sport of tennis.

KingLeo10

Will be criminal if Djokovic breaks Sampras and Federer's Wimbledon records :lol:

Grass is so slow these days that it's approaching clay levels.

serghei

Will be criminal if Djokovic breaks Sampras and Federer's Wimbledon records :lol:

But then it doesn't explain how Nadal is pretty bad on it. 2 titles in 15 years or so is pretty weak return.

Richard.H

Djokovic and Nadal are basically ball machines, different era. You no longer have players training for consistent 120-140 mph serve and volleys. Everyone is training to ball machines like Nadal and Djokovic.

JamDav1982

But then it doesn't explain how Nadal is pretty bad on it. 2 titles in 15 years or so is pretty weak return.

Five finals and two Wimbledon wins in era of two best grass court players ever is not all that bad.

Not easy turnaround from French open to Wimbledon in such a short space of time when body creaking and his takes a hammering the way he plays.

Home of Barca Fans