Tennis

Richard.H

The whole big 3 dominance on the game since I was a young kid is getting really old. These players have been playing for almost 2 fuking decades now and dominating everyone. It's pathetic that the young players are this bad. I can see both Nadal and Djokovic playing well into their 40's and still reaching semis of grand slams. Pathetic from the young stars.

zanela

Nadal's knees won't hold up for too long, but I can see Djokovic staying competitive ala Federer, and surpassing all conceivable open era records.

Nadal's erratic mental game makes him a very surmountable opponent these days, even on clay. And despite his win in Rome, I'm not confident he will win this French open. He's now facing 3 opponents who have all secured important victories over him on clay. I'm afraid his French open glory days are numbered.

KingLeo10

Nadal's knees won't hold up for too long, but I can see Djokovic staying competitive ala Federer, and surpassing all conceivable open era records.

Nadal's erratic mental game makes him a very surmountable opponent these days, even on clay. And despite his win in Rome, I'm not confident he will win this French open. He's now facing 3 opponents who have all secured important victories over him on clay. I'm afraid his French open glory days are numbered.

People have been saying this about Nadal since 2013, though.

Rory

Why do people not like Nadal? If half the grand slams weren't hard court Djokovic wouldn't be in the conversation with Fed/Nadal.

serghei

Why do people not like Nadal? If half the grand slams weren't hard court Djokovic wouldn't be in the conversation with Fed/Nadal.

His tennis is built on hard work and elite mentality, but not so much on talent. Look at Nadal's hands. He has bandages on every finger almost because of his gruesome style. People usually idolize players that look like they play effortlessly, with elegance and superior talent.

Rory

His tennis is built on hard work and elite mentality, but not so much on talent. Look at Nadal's hands. He has bandages on every finger almost because of his gruesome style. People usually idolize players that look like they play effortlessly, with elegance and superior talent.

I can understand liking federer more. He's got this elegance that is unrivalled in any sport. His shots are like those iniesta dribbles that he effortlessly did. Nadal is still mad talented. Beating Federer at Wimbledon when he was 22 was crazy.

serghei

I can understand liking federer more. He's got this elegance that is unrivalled in any sport. His shots are like those iniesta dribbles that he effortlessly did. Nadal is still mad talented. Beating Federer at Wimbledon when he was 22 was crazy.

He is very talented, just not like Federer, and even Djokovic imo.

serghei

If Djokovic wins this and makes double career slam... very hard to see anyone past him on achievements.

Nadal and Federer never beat Nole at AO right?

Home of Barca Fans