Spanish SuperCopa: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona (5-1)

vlad

My opinion is this barca cant win nothing this season, they looked like a dead team, its not because delu or vidal, their place is not in the first squad, but even without them, starters like suarez, iniesta, busi, rakitic, ter stegen, pique, qlba, all of them are looking unmotivated, sloppy on the ball, its worrying, because im not sure valverde can put hunger for trophies in them, i also think suarez has to be replaced, he started to miss easy chances, link up play was never his strongest side but i think he is even worse know, for rebuild squad again it would take at least 2 seasons minimum, also that means changing board with bartro, in la liga, team can still put a good fight, but in CL against big teams, hardly, could be embarressing again

Edit: also im not for buying 100 m signings almost every season, not because i feel sorry for barca budget, i just dont think its a solution to barca problems, dembele and coutinho will not change much, they will come with a huge price tag and they will have to justify it, it will be easier for coutinho, but for dembele? Coming into sinking team, yu have to make impact immediately, justify 120+ m price tag, very hard environment for a promising talent

Last edited:

jairzinho

With Messi and Saurez we can still compete but the rest of the supporting cast are the problem. Raki and the Don are slowing down and the bench is a complete joke.

Real has a more complete team when you look at their starting 11 and bench. BBC, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro etc. Zidane still has Isco, Vasques, Kovacic and Asensio as subs.

When you consider they had to let go of James and Morata, you realize how stacked they are.

We on the other hand are nowhere close to that at all. It's pathetic.

Delo and Vidal shouldn't even be anywhere near the bench let alone the starting 11.

Arda and Gomes? They need to be loaned or sold. They're useless. The exit of these 4 should be a priority.

Dembele, Coutinho and Seri need to be purchased pronto.

Last edited:

Meitux

We look completely desperate when we're outside of the opponent's box, clueless passes around until someone makes a mistake or someone steals the ball initiates a counter attack and there goes a goal conceded. I think the primal instict of steep passing is still existing, with the right people it had some great results that covered for the most part the terrible results of too much passing, especially around the opponent's area. Now admittedly, so much passing leads to nothing and it's also predictable, don't even have the players to make it ''right'' anymore. We need a profound change to the way the team is playing, can't rely on recipes that were succesful in the past, aggressivenes and more determination and creativity around the box is tottaly needed. Times change and we need a big change too..

barcanuck

Lots of issues and no solutions unless this board pulls a miracle. Really out of ideas in the final third, no depth on the bench and the same starting midfield for 4 years in a row.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Terrible result. We need more signings and one of them should not be Paulinho. It's a night I'd rather forget in a hurry. If we get Dembele and Seri...we'd be fine. Oh and don't use Vidal as our main RB too.

Altomonte

Let's not get carried away too much: yes, RM had much better finishing but Busquets had the best chance of the match and Piqué had a terrible night. When Barça was chasing the equalizer against 10 RM players, a counterattack with a (somewhat lucky) Golazo created the final result which was - in my view - undeserved.
We have to learn to execute Corners better, and we have to prepare better for those counterattacks.
Otherwise we were the better team.

Garrus

How about we all tone it down with all the hyperbole, "We're all gonna die" rhetoric, Some of the reactions in here are just plain silly.
Yes, As result, It's terrible, But the scoreline absolutely did not reflect our performance, Nor RM.
We were in absolute control of the match for most of the time, But the delivery in the final third was just lack-luster, It consisted Inaccurate passes, Poor-link up, Sluggish movements and reactions, And dodgy decision making, If it weren't for that, We could've been up 2-0 by the 60m mark, And we all can see how the likes of dembele and coutinho can do so much in helping us in that final third.
I'm not saying things will immediately get better in the next couple of matches, We'll need months to fully get into gear, Cruyff took him 2 years to make the "dream team", Lucho and frank took them half a season.

So how about everyone takes a chill pill, And have some patience.
The timing of this super-cup, And the fact it was a clasico, Is just bad luck, It's been 5 years since we last started a season with a clasico.

Last edited:

JackaL

It's interesting, we looked bad against PSG in Paris, then turned that incredible match. We couldn't pass Juventus, although we had quite some chances in the first game but didn't score. In the league, the clasico was a great game for, but it was very close and not one we dominated like we used to (those days are gone). So, against the big guys, we seem to have problems all the time and it's not like we are on the same level. Remind you that was with Neymar...! Now he is gone, so instead of strengthening the team, what happened?

Centauri B

Now that I am a bit more calm after last night's humiliation at the hands of 10-man Madrid and CR7 (that fucker is shredded)

I think that we were somewhat the better team until Pique fucked it up with a pathetic mistake and own goal.

Biscuits (otherwise very good) missed an unbelievable sitter.

Then we got awarded a phantom penaldo.

Then we mess up an attacking effort, deep into RM territory, then they counter us with real pace, and CR7 takes Pique to the cleaners'.

Then, Asensio (what an awesome player he is, I knew it from early last season that he was a very hot prospect) scored an almost impossible goal. If Messi/Neymar/Ronalo scored that the pundits would be drooling over it for a month at the very least.

We need two WC additions at the very least. Otherwise, we will remain extremely vulnerable to all the big sides in Europe.

Real Madrid were supremely efficient last night, while we remain turgid in attack. We get in and around the opponents box, but we lack the final ball and/or killer shot.

Oh, and the absence of Neymar was bleeding obvious. Deulofeu is a Mallorca-level player, not a WC talent. I am sorry, but this is the truth.

El Barcelona

What a frustrating game it was. Switch to a 4231 with Messi on the CAM and put proper wingers next to him who can offer more than a few back passes. 433 with Messi on RW who always plays inside is death and so easy to defend with nobody on the RW bar Vidal who gets exposed so easy. We need Coutinho and Dembélé, that's clear.

----------Suarez
Coutinho Messi Dembélé

ejuventus

everybody underrated RM last year
They already are, and day by day becoming more and more, one of the greatest team in football history.

About Barça you said all.
It seems what happened to Juve at the end of 90's. The board really not getting the decline without taking some significant relief

Home of Barca Fans