Spanish Super Cup Final: FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 2-3

serghei

Exactly why players will be rested in that game or should be.

Was always going to be the case.

I don't have a problem with it. As long as Koeman understands that, unlike the Sociedad or Bilbao games in this Supercup, that one can't be lost. If we rest players and have a nice game and we beat Cornella without many problems, kudos to Koeman and the team.

JamDav1982

I don't have a problem with it. As long as Koeman understands that, unlike the Sociedad or Bilbao games in this Supercup, that one can't be lost. If we rest players and have a nice game and we beat Cornella without many problems, kudos to Koeman and the team.

He will approach it as Barca always do hopefully with a heavily rotated side to rest first team players.

Regardless if win or draw and regardless of these last two games that is how these games should always be approached.

serghei

He will approach it as Barca always do hopefully with a heavily rotated side to rest first team players.

Regardless if win or draw and regardless of these last two games that is how these games should always be approached.

I disagree with this. Copa is now a major objective, even if in other seasons when we were engaged in the title fight or among the favorites in CL it wasn't a prime objective. Now it is because time has changed.

We can't afford to treat Copa del Rey lightly this season. It's Copa or nothing. Madrid are probably in a similar spot.

JamDav1982

I disagree with this. Copa is now a major objective, even if in other seasons when we were engaged in the title fight or among the favorites in CL it wasn't a prime objective. Now it is because time has changed.

We can't afford to treat Copa del Rey lightly this season. It's Copa or nothing. Madrid are probably in a similar spot.

So you want to play fitness permitting as strong a team as possible vs Cornella?

Hope Koeman doesnt agree.

serghei

So you want to play fitness permitting as strong a team as possible vs Cornella?

Hope Koeman doesnt agree.

No, because of what we did in this Supercup. I wanted more rotations in the Supercup, less rotations vs Cornella. Simply because for me this Supercup is a meaningless trophy, and the Copa del Rey is a valuable one.

But maybe Cornella is a crap team and that Atletico game was a freak accident.

JamDav1982

No, because of what we did in this Supercup. I wanted more rotations in the Supercup, less rotations vs Cornella. Simply because for me this Supercup is a meaningless trophy, and the Copa del Rey is a valuable one.

Well those rotations didnt happen so what team do you want to see for cup?

No coach is giving up the game against Sociedad for a cup game v Cornella a week later which is closer to the league games.

serghei

Well those rotations didnt happen so what team do you want to see for cup?

Griezmann, Dest, De Jong, Araujo, Pjanic, Puig, Braithwaite, Dembele, Mingueza, Neto, Junior Firpo. Maybe Trincao for Dembele but that's it.

I would've played this team with few changes in the Supercup too. Especially in the semis.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Griezmann, Dest, De Jong, Araujo, Pjanic, Puig, Braithwaite, Dembele, Mingueza, Neto, Junior Firpo. Maybe Trincao for Dembele but that's it.

I would've played this team with few changes in the Supercup too.

You want likes of FDJ vs Cornella?

Jeepers.

I would be hoping he keeps likes of FDJ, Griezmann and Dembele as far away from that plastic public pitch as possible and gives them the rest required.

You would have played same team in all three games?

serghei

You want likes of FDJ vs Cornella?

Jeepers.

I would be hoping he keeps likes of FDJ, Griezmann and Dembele as far away from that plastic public pitch as possible and gives them the rest required.

Yea, because he can take the extra effort. As opposed to Pedri and Busi. It's clear he is gifted naturally in this area and has a much higher tolerance for sustained effort.

BarcaOG

Banned
what a shambles. we're so bad we can't even win tin pot trophies.

that said, good for Athletic. they beat both real and barca fair and square

JamDav1982

Yea, because he can take the extra effort. As opposed to Pedri and Busi. It's clear he is gifted naturally in this area and has a much higher tolerance for sustained effort.

That makes zero sense and players need rest at some point.

Worse than I thought.

Anyway done discussing this as more absurd than thought would be and reactionary as asked for teams before the supercup game and no line ups were forthcoming. Easy to be general after the war.

serghei

That makes zero sense and players need rest at some point.

Worse than I thought.

Anyway done discussing this as more absurd than thought would be and reactionary as asked for teams before the supercup game and no line ups were forthcoming. Easy to be general after the war.

I just told you, I would've rested more players in the Supercup. For me the Cornella game is more important than any game in the Supercup (except a clasico), why it's so hard to understand, jesus...

I said it before the Supercup btw... so no general after the war here.

FinBarcelonafan

But maybe Cornella is a crap team and that Atletico game was a freak accident.

True. We still have to rotate a bit vs Cornella.

Home of Barca Fans