Spain

Nucky

I just bought Spain kit few days ago (Iniesta) so please don't fuck it up in group stage.. Don't mind if they are knocked out later on but please just not in group stage.. Thank you, yours truly Nucky

JerseyAddict

Don't wanna troll on "spain topic" but it was funny how catalan link saved the game. I'm realy lookng forward to clash with Croatia.

Flavius

I was wondering the same question. I thought Iniesta is the captain when Casillas is not in the field. But yeah...what do you expect...

Pablo Escobar

Del Bosque is a Barcelona hater. Think about it, how will Ramos look in 20 years as a manager of Spain ( doubt he will be one, but as an example ) then think Del Bosque has like 100 matches more for uefadrid and many more El Clasico's than Ramos has.

I don't get why Pique is playing for Spain, he is a pro-Catalan, if I were them I would've left them alone in 2010 and they would've never see the trophy ever if it wasn't for Puyol, Pique, Capdevilla, Xavi and Busquets.

Last edited:

Messi983

If Pique didn't play for Spain he probably wouldn't met Shakira. :)

Anyway, they are professionals and every footballer wants to play and win in Euro and WC. They can't play for Catalonia so Spain is their only chance.

F

Flavia

Del Bosque is a Barcelona hater. Think about it, how will Ramos look in 20 years as a manager of Spain ( doubt he will be one, but as an example ) then think Del Bosque has like 100 matches more for uefadrid and many more El Clasico's than Ramos has.

I don't get why Pique is playing for Spain, he is a pro-Catalan, if I were them I would've left them alone in 2010 and they would've never see the trophy ever if it wasn't for Puyol, Pique, Capdevilla, Xavi and Busquets.

Pique is not independentist. He's just in favor of the referendum, but he never said if he's in favor of catalunya being independent. He also said his family is proof of the world being global, with him being catalan and spanish, shakira being lebanese and colombian, and his kids being catalan, spanish, lebanese and colombian.

aaron101

The captaincy is actually based on caps at least in Spain. So basically, Ramos have more caps than Iniesta for the national team automatically made him the captain. I don't agree with the caps thingy. Iniesta should really be the captain not Ramos.

Pablo Escobar

Pique is not independentist. He's just in favor of the referendum, but he never said if he's in favor of catalunya being independent. He also said his family is proof of the world being global, with him being catalan and spanish, shakira being lebanese and colombian, and his kids being catalan, spanish, lebanese and colombian.

Who cares what your ancestors are? You see Americans speaking German because 7/8 of their great grandparents are from Saxony and Bavaria? Mostly don't give a damn.
If you mean simply DNA, Shakira is also Catalan afaik, but that doesn't really matter since there is no big difference between Catalans and Spaniards if they're not actually in Catalunya and act nationalistic, maybe Spaniards in the south retain more arab aspect because of logical reasons but the difference is cultural while there Shakira is Latin-American White. Just like Croats, Serb and Bosniacs are probably the same thing genetically, their languages and especially religion differs but their all Southern Slavs.

Also, Barcelona is mainly Spanish, as all speak Spanish(dirty compared to Salamanca or Madrid but... Castillan) while a majority speaks Catalan but far from all of them. Maybe there's pressure from politics to continue to impose Catalan in schools but it might not last forever as it also makes learning foreign languages harder, it should be a personal choice of the parents just like when you choose to let them in religion.

Truth is: Catalonia should finally choose which way is better and go with it, if they want to retain their separate culture, they can start an Aragon Republic and conquer Southern Italy again
if they need cheap labour :lol:. Or they can stay with Spain and eventually not impose Catalan.

Pique is targeted with boo's by fans because he's Catalan despite being a good asset for the team, while Ramos won't be boo'd because his identity is only linked to Spain, they don't have a reason to screw with him like they have with our players.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Who cares what your ancestors are? You see Americans speaking German because 7/8 of their great grandparents are from Saxony and Bavaria? Mostly don't give a damn.
If you mean simply DNA, Shakira is also Catalan afaik, but that doesn't really matter since there is no big difference between Catalans and Spaniards if they're not actually in Catalunya and act nationalistic, maybe Spaniards in the south retain more arab aspect because of logical reasons but the difference is cultural while there Shakira is Latin-American White. Just like Croats, Serb and Bosniacs are probably the same thing genetically, their languages and especially religion differs but their all Southern Slavs.

Also, Barcelona is mainly Spanish, as all speak Spanish(dirty compared to Salamanca or Madrid but... Castillan) while a majority speaks Catalan but far from all of them. Maybe there's pressure from politics to continue to impose Catalan in schools but it might not last forever as it also makes learning foreign languages harder, it should be a personal choice of the parents just like when you choose to let them in religion.

Truth is: Catalonia should finally choose which way is better and go with it, if they want to retain their separate culture, they can start an Aragon Republic and conquer Southern Italy again
if they need cheap labour :lol:. Or they can stay with Spain and eventually not impose Catalan.

Pique is targeted with boo's by fans because he's Catalan despite being a good asset for the team, while Ramos won't be boo'd because his identity is only linked to Spain, they don't have a reason to screw with him like they have with our players.

That's not why he's booed. He's booed because he is a culé and is always tauting rm in social media. The roldan comments during the treble celebrations started those boos.

Pablo Escobar

That's not why he's booed. He's booed because he is a culé and is always tauting rm in social media. The roldan comments during the treble celebrations started those boos.

That's basically it, you taunt rma => you taunt spain indirectly, you are a cule => you most likely celebrated actively on the streets like in 2006 when France beat Spain, in 2010 or 2012 it was a bit different maybe because it was basically Barcelona+Xabi+Iker.

So it goes down to culture differences between Espana/Castilla and Euskadi/Navarra + Catalunya/Aragon.

Last edited:

Stric

That's because you're not a professional football player. These guys may be pro-Catalan or even pro-independence, but they strive to play, and play at the highest level. Their choice is either to not play national football at all, or play for Spain, one of the world's top few national teams. What would Pique's, Puyol's, Xavi's, Busquets's careers look like if they weren't part of an official national team?

Home of Barca Fans