Spain

barcanuck

The players called up:

Porteros: Casillas, Reina y Valdés.

Defensas: Arbeloa, Azpilicueta, Íñigo Martínez, Albiol, Sergio Ramos y Jordi Alba.

Centrocampistas: Javi Martínez, Cazorla, Iniesta, Isco, Thiago Álcantara, Koke, Jesús Navas y Silva.

Delanteros: Cesc, Negredo, Fernando Llorente y Tello

Not bad only Valdes, Alba, Iniesa, Cesc and Tello going!! I don't think this game is in altitude either which will be benificial to recovery.

Xavi, Pique, Pedro, Busquets all get to chill :D

mixer

BRnKr7pCYAElOnm.jpg

training in ecuador

Martindn

Whats the chances of De gea displacing Casillas within a year or two? If he repeats or even improves on last year? Cant be far off now hes inellegible for u-21 right?

Faceless

No more faces at night
Whats the chances of De gea displacing Casillas within a year or two? If he repeats or even improves on last year? Cant be far off now hes inellegible for u-21 right?

Soon. But for now Casillas still remains no.1 because of his qualities as a leader which is crucial to the national team. De Gea needs to prove himself even more to get a permanent spot but the possibilities are not unlikely now.

Martindn

Soon. But for now Casillas still remains no.1 because of his qualities as a leader which is crucial to the national team. De Gea needs to prove himself even more to get a permanent spot but the possibilities are not unlikely now.

You think if Lopez continued to be No.1 for RM he would still play Casillas in Brazil? I think De gea is good enough, if hes still behind Valdes and especially Reina there is something wrong.

Is the perception of him in Spain the same as over here? That of a liability? I mean in my eyes his only weakness is crosses, which Casillas struggles with anyway.

Faceless

No more faces at night
You think if Lopez continued to be No.1 for RM he would still play Casillas in Brazil? I think De gea is good enough, if hes still behind Valdes and especially Reina there is something wrong.

Is the perception of him in Spain the same as over here? That of a liability? I mean in my eyes his only weakness is crosses, which Casillas struggles with anyway.

It's hard to say. Depends of the form of both goalkeepers, but it's obvious Del Bosque trust Casillas a lot. The reason why Valdes and Reina is used is because of their experience. I don't know the perception of De Gea in Spain, but after the success of the Spanish U-21 team he will get a spot hopefully. Remember, De Gea is only 22 years old and there aren't much young goalkeepers.. What is certain of course is that he will be a future no.1 goalkeeper. I'm quite positive, unless there is a better spanish youth goalkeeper.(Maybe there is, but it's out of my knowledge.)

F

Flavia

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Napoli), Victor Valdes (Barca).

Defenders: Alvaro Arbeloa, Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Raul Albiol (Napoli), Inigo Martinez (Real Sociedad), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Nacho Monreal (Arsenal).

Midfielders: Mario Suarez, Koke (Atletico Madrid), Santi Cazorla (Arsenal), Sergio Busquets, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Jesus Navas, David Silva (Manchester City), Isco (Real Madrid).

Forwards: Alvaro Negredo (Manchester City), Roberto Soldado (Tottenham), Pedro Rodriguez (Barcelona), David Villa (Atletico Madrid).

7 Barça players called. And Xavi on the list :angry:

Home of Barca Fans