Sergio Busquets

BigBarcaBoy

At what point should we change our squad players though? If we win again everything, I feel like our team might not be as hungry anymore and we should replace some of them.. Winning everything two years in a row would be crazy and probably bad for some players motivation.

let#s win everything again first eh ?:hooray:

Barcared

Busquets should earn more than Messi IMO.

Oh well, at least he finally got huge pay raise though.

Maybe Busquets is as important as Messi to the team but he doesn't make Barca as much money through merchandise, ticket sales, sponsorship etc.. that Messi does. So Messi is worth a lot more to Barca as a club and deserves to be paid more.

BarçaBarça

At what point should we change our squad players though? If we win again everything, I feel like our team might not be as hungry anymore and we should replace some of them.. Winning everything two years in a row would be crazy and probably bad for some players motivation.

I don't buy into that - Elite-players will always be motivated to win more trophies. Most of our players have won so much in recent years, that they shouldn't be motivated right now if it was about winning everything once.

But I know what you mean - the problem in my view just isn't that overwhelming, when our best players are big-game players who enjoy the most decisive games the most (Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Pique etc. - all play better in big games). Adding to that - you wouldn't think the team would have motivation to win 4-0 or 5-0 instead of 2-0 or 3-0, but you see everybody pushing forward even in games where the win is secured.

Of course we should make sure that it is possible to change for example Alba if he doesn't seem motivated in easier games - like it is possible with Alves because of Roberto/Vidal this season. I would only worry for the easy games, and strengthen our "B-team" so topmotivated subs can do the job, if some of our starting-11 is unfocused.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Busquets should earn more than Messi IMO.

Oh well, at least he finally got huge pay raise though.

Yes, but less than Arda IMO :coffee:

You just can't stop spewing BS mate, your gif posts are way more interesting than your textual ones.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
His first half at Eibar was simply fantastic. They tried to hustle him and kick him but he still came on top each time. Held that midfield like a boss in absence of Iniesta.

klc123

I'd argue that he's the best midfielder in the world.

There isn't a DCM in the world with as much technical ability and tactical awareness. I don't think any midfielder in any position has such an influence on their team. Barcelona with and without Busquets are two completely different things.

Home of Barca Fans