Sergio Busquets

mc_lovin

Well Xavi apparently loves Alves and Roberto plus there are also rumours that we are considering bringing back Iniesta!

I mean can you blame him? Roberto>Dest as of right now. Hope that changes though.

Then it's the same old story of blaming our veterans (with some truth to it), but the elephant in the room are literally 4-5 other positions before we can even start to think about Busquets, Alba and Pique. Abde looked like our best forward yesterday ffs :lol:

Rory

The whole clown defence and goal keeping starts with Busquets. He offers no protection to the defence so they are got at easily. This can pull them out of position, if they have to step up etc. Then this creates an easy chance to score, so MATS ends up looking crap for letting in a high % of shots he faces. MATS is crap but that's besides the point, if he only faced half chances like most teams create against a team that can actually defend he wouldn't have the ridiculous % of shots let in.

Bobo32

Look who enters the frame three seconds later!
Protip: it is the very physical, fast and full of passion right central defender, who sprinted nowhere faster than Sergio Busquets in that counter.

But that counter wasn't about sprinting back, it was about Puig and Alba being a bit late/misplaced and then Lenglet being slow, de Jong selling himself and then quitting, and Dest not knowing at all how to defend.
It was also about a brilliant Betis move, these things happen, and if you don't score in a game, it is a big risk that you lose a game if you concede one...

khaled_a_d

The whole clown defence and goal keeping starts with Busquets. He offers no protection to the defence so they are got at easily. This can pull them out of position, if they have to step up etc. Then this creates an easy chance to score, so MATS ends up looking crap for letting in a high % of shots he faces. MATS is crap but that's besides the point, if he only faced half chances like most teams create against a team that can actually defend he wouldn't have the ridiculous % of shots let in.

Are we talking about last night goal?
I don't really blame Busquets for it.
Busquets has been slow for years now (was never a quick player to begin with) and FDJ was the one asked to support the defense in such attack.
I talked about that in Xavi's thread, I see it more due to Alba deciding to press rather than run with Canalas. This created a bad mismatch in the team as Canalas was alone and Lenglet and FDJ had to run after him.

Rory

Are we talking about last night goal?
I don't really blame Busquets for it.
Busquets has been slow for years now (was never a quick player to begin with) and FDJ was the one asked to support the defense in such attack.
I talked about that in Xavi's thread, I see it more due to Alba deciding to press rather than run with Canalas. This created a bad mismatch in the team as Canalas was alone and Lenglet and FDJ had to run after him.

Nah just talking in general. It was a good counter the other night, and it wasn't Busquets' role to be one of the main defenders of it. Having said that, was it only not his role because he'd be useless at it? If say, we had a dm that could run maybe we'd have had an extra body back in time to stop it. Big if of course so I agree not Busquets fault, he's certainly no solution either.

Home of Barca Fans