Sergio Busquets

JamDav1982

'7m is nothing'.

Sensational stuff from the usual numpties.

That would be 7m less to use to make decisions that benefit club longer term.

But ah its 'nothing'.

What Garcis earns is completly irrelevant anyway. Just the latest mental gymnastics.

vuji_31

I am for his departure, but we have so many holes in team that Busi in this 4 man midfield seems like a blessing considering Roberto, Garcia, Ferret, Ansu and no RB.

I will be satisfied if we can sign Gundogan, Abde/Carrasco, Auba (loan one season), Messi, Amrabat or someone like that and some right back.

I know many players, but they are all free except one player max.

No to Roque, his price is high now, don't see anything special.

Porque

Mate, don't be a troglodyte.

7m is nothing compared to what he is on, and is in line/comparable with the earnings at the lower end of the squad.

With that said, do I want to see Busquets out? Yes. Am I dissapointed with the rumoured strategy for next season? Absolutely.

But as [I think] you said before, renewing the likes of Busquets and Sergi Roberto is also because extending the contract short term positively effects the salary cap moreso then straight not renewing. And then there is the chestnut of having to pay the deferrals if not renewed and how that effects things. So it is not so simple as saving those 7m, or whatever.

JamDav1982

Mate, don't be a troglodyte.

7m is nothing compared to what he is on, and is in line/comparable with the earnings at the lower end of the squad.

With that said, do I want to see Busquets out? Yes. Am I dissapointed with the rumoured strategy for next season? Absolutely.

But as [I think] you said before, renewing the likes of Busquets and Sergi Roberto is also because extending the contract short term positively effects the salary cap moreso then straight not renewing. And then there is the chestnut of having to pay the deferrals if not renewed and how that effects things. So it is not so simple as saving those 7m, or whatever.
7m is far too much for Busquets and no other club pays him that other than retirement leagues.

They should have bought a new DM last summer and told him he wont play again.

Same as should have been done for Pique and Alba.

JamDav1982

Well no.. for Pique maybe for way he behaved but not the others.

Those should have been told time was up and wont play again.

Up to them if sit on the contracts and give up some of their remaining years.

Indeed google it.

JamDav1982

No as should have cancelled their contracts!!, Cancel!! It's been done multiple times.

Indeed has been done and should have been done for Pique.

Correct.

For others should have been told time up and wont play again. Up to them if want to sit on contracts.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Needs to leave and we need to move on. I wouldn't mind Brozović to partner FDJ.

He has a contract till 2026, might be an issue financially.

7m is nothing. That's just over what Eric Garcia is earning. Got to imagine that that will be official salary and then payments of deferment will be on top- rolling the actual number much higher.

Xavi is a curious individual though. He mentioned in a presser the other week how important it was for the club to win a LaLiga in the post Messi error. Shame he can't make the equivalent point to a post Busi error next season.
I'd rather not have him in the squad, i also don't believe 7m/py especially considering the fake bullshit that's been put out before.

Home of Barca Fans