Sergio Aguero

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah I think we were preparing a bid, but now that they've come out and said they don't wanna sell him anymore Chelsea probably won't bother. Should have bid for him earlier, I reckon Atleti would have sold him for sure, ah well!

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Now the papers claim we have 24 hours to pay his release clause otherwise he'll play in the CL.

The thing is, it could be true we that don't have the cash, but at the same time our chairman said about a month and a half back that we have the money make ONE big signing if I remember correctly. So we'll see in the next 24 hours if we are serious about getting Aguero.

Co0ter

I still dont understand how some of you are saying we dont have money....we spent 15 on keirrison, 40 on ibra, and 5 on maxwell....totaling roughly 60-65 million...

After winning 3 titles, and not exactly being a poor club to begin with, how DONT we have more money to spend?! I dont get it really. If Madrid can spend 275 million after winning nothing, I'm sure we could drop another 30-40 mil on a world class player if we wanted to.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Because we're not willing to follow madrid's bad example and indebt the club to a stupid level 65m is a big transfer outlay, only Perez's madness is making it look small. Don't forget that we've renewed several contracts, we've paid out an awful lot in win bonuses and a lot of the extra income in terms of increased merchandise sales etc. won't be felt until a few months down the line.

BTW The Fallen is a chelsea fan and I was suggesting that they don't have much money to spend because Abramovich is being less flash with the cash these days.

B

beautifulgame

Yeah CA is correct. Barca spent about 65 million on new players and I believe around 36 million on bonuses from last season. That totals 101 million euros spent; also consider the upgraded contracts for the next season. Barca are suppose to have made an estimated sum of 120 million euros from the treble winning season and that looks to have been all but spent. Also I would think Laporta would like to avoid creating any new debt during his last season.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
The win bonuses paid to players totally wipe out the extra money we receive for progressing to the semis, the final and then winning the trophy.

Home of Barca Fans