Sergiño Dest (loaned to PSV)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
His dribbling skills are better utilized on the left where he can cut inside. He cannot really cross so a bit useless on the right.

Birdy

Big shout out to this guy!
Revelation as an LB

Alfredo Martinez tweeted the best Barca XI when everyone is fit, and he has Dest at LB instead of Alba
I tend to agree:
on hard games, certainly leave Alba out to play Serginho there

Zidane82

Big shout out to this guy!
Revelation as an LB

Alfredo Martinez tweeted the best Barca XI when everyone is fit, and he has Dest at LB instead of Alba
I tend to agree:
on hard games, certainly leave Alba out to play Serginho there

Who plays RB though ?

Roberto ?

xXKonan

Who plays RB though ?

Roberto ?
mini_1200x750-mingueza.png

xXKonan

Right now it seems like Koeman is betting on Araujo-Garcia-Pique as our CB trio for the season.

Lenglet and Umtiti have been brushed aside which I don't blame Koeman for as both were poor last season and I'd rather us further develop Araujo and Garcia than see both Lenglet and Umtiti ever step foot in the starting lineup again. I'd love for us to persist in Dest at LB and Mingueza at RB and having Balde in the mix as well. Can't stand Alba these days, but as soon as this guy is fit again he will be back into the starting lineup.

Andresito

Staff member
Didn't Semedo also have great games as LB, to the point people were thinking he was a better LB than RB?

khaled_a_d

Didn't Semedo also have great games as LB, to the point people were thinking he was a better LB than RB?

Against Seville, yes.
But Semedo was never half good as Dest on of the offensive end tbh (and Dest has way to go on that end) and he joined us when he was 3 years older than Dest while having less experience than Dest now.
In addition, Dest was originally a winger, so left side seems more natural to him.

Zidane82

Right now it seems like Koeman is betting on Araujo-Garcia-Pique as our CB trio for the season.

Lenglet and Umtiti have been brushed aside which I don't blame Koeman for as both were poor last season and I'd rather us further develop Araujo and Garcia than see both Lenglet and Umtiti ever step foot in the starting lineup again. I'd love for us to persist in Dest at LB and Mingueza at RB and having Balde in the mix as well. Can't stand Alba these days, but as soon as this guy is fit again he will be back into the starting lineup.

Mingueza struggled at RB I thought tbh . I don?t mind him at CB though

Joan

Mingueza struggled at RB I thought tbh . I don?t mind him at CB though

Why? I can't remember a singe mistake of his that resulted into something for Levante. On the other hand, plenty of great touches I thought.

He could be my motm with Dest.

Zidane82

Why? I can't remember a singe mistake of his that resulted into something for Levante. On the other hand, plenty of great touches I thought.

He could be my motm with Dest.

I just felt he was struggling...and seemed reluctant to go forward .
It?s easy to sit back and be solid against a poor team who have no threat in attack .

Joan

I just felt he was struggling...and seemed reluctant to go forward .
It?s easy to sit back and be solid against a poor team who have no threat in attack .

Didn't have that impression, I'll look for his highlights later.

Going by the stats, had 3 key passes and created 2 big vhances. I think he did plenty of good.

Home of Barca Fans