Sergiño Dest (loaned to PSV)

Bobo32

Beaten by position, speed, strength, slip, dribble by that LW on the last goal...
If he had only been a little better in one of these areas, he wouldn't have let the cross in, but alas!

raedkuwait

Still cant blane him, he is young and his first year, but others who have been here for ages and fuck up every fucking game, and still play every fucking game, cough cough, Stegen, cough, pique, cough. Roberto, cough, bousquets. Mmm who did i forget oh yess our crying boy.

JerseyAddict

I am disappointed with him. I hoped he will be great. He is average at best. But youmg so maybe he can improve. This is not good.

Messi983

I'll give him a break. It's his first season at the club and playing alongside "leaders" like Pique and Busi doesn't instill confidence in young players. Emerson should be brought back and given a fair chance next season though.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah I don't put any blame on the new and young kids. Potential and level can be discussed sure.

But Dest for example shouldn't be excecuted because of his slip yesterday. Shit like that happens.
Behind him there should've been another two veteran safety nets: Pique missed his marking and ter Stegen missed his near post. Dest's fuckup should've been prevented by those who are supposed to be reliable when youngsters aren't.

Bobo32

Yeah I don't put any blame on the new and young kids. Potential and level can be discussed sure.

But Dest for example shouldn't be excecuted because of his slip yesterday. Shit like that happens.
Behind him there should've been another two veteran safety nets: Pique missed his marking and ter Stegen missed his near post. Dest's fuckup should've been prevented by those who are supposed to be reliable when youngsters aren't.

Pique lost his marker, sure. He has done the same in a few games lately and needs to be questioned.
If you question ter Stegen there, you need to question the keeper on pretty much every goal.

Dest lost out in five or six ways in a few seconds against his designed opponent. I've rarely seen a more striking example of a player losing a duel, as I wrote earlier, it would've been enough if he was just one out of: a little bit faster, stronger, better positioned, more concentrated, had different shoes, didn't get fooled twice, etc.
I won't take him off the chair because he is young or because other players should've been better safety nets - but he was just brought on into a chaotic game, and it's true that things like that can happen. He wasn't ready. Dest and Koeman should be blamed, not ter Stegen, and Pique is to blame because he was lazy in the same way multiple times lately, otherwise it's also shit that happens...

Porque

Dembele slipped in a similar situation/position in the first half, but Levante failed to capitalise. Margins of football.

Home of Barca Fans