Sergiño Dest (loaned to PSV)

malvolio

Hahaha just wanna say I'm comparing him to Bale solely in terms of him seeming like he is more of a goal threat / dribbling threat than I'd expect from someone so young in the RB position. Two things we often critique our other forwards for not be able to do (looking at dembele lol)

bale shinned in his youth because he had outstanding raw physical attributes. alves also had a great engine, throughout his career.

both have polished their technical skills and became what we know they did.

wouldn't say dest has those physical attributes.

JamDav1982

1. what's that got to do with the whole alves/bale comparisons?
2. i can throw 2-3 names in here, would you agree they are better or worse instantly? dest has had one outstanding game for us and maybe 2-3 in which he was ok. is that enough of a sample to make comparisons with other players?

mostly stated that he is mediocre. maybe i have said utter garbage regarding a particular game - vs PSG for example, where he really was utter garbage.

don't think i was the one going into extremes.

You said he is utter garbage and not related to a single game but when discussing Barca moving forward.

Roberto, Pique, Busquets and Messi only ones that seem to get much praise. While should not have sold Suarez and been as well keeping EV and old core than making changes of this season.

Dest, FDJ.. pretty much any young player is shit or over rated is gist of what gets put forward by you.

bale shinned in his youth because he had outstanding raw physical attributes. alves also had a great engine, throughout his career.

both have polished their technical skills and became what we know they did.

wouldn't say dest has those physical attributes.

That is a good point, but I don't think not having superhuman speed over long distances or michael phelps lungs precludes him from being a forward or continuing to succeed (albiet inconsistently) in his RW role he's in rn. Not a world class forward mind you, just a forward, remember we won how many trophies with Pedro?

I just think I can see him playing on the left wing.

malvolio

You said he is utter garbage and not related to a single game but when discussing Barca moving forward.

Roberto, Pique, Busquets and Messi only ones that seem to get much praise. While should not have sold Suarez and been as well keeping EV and old core than making changes of this season.

Dest, FDJ.. pretty much any young player is shit or over rated is gist of what gets put forward by you.

where did i say that? really can't remember.

roberto? as mediocre as they get. i'm not a fan, never was.

pique? not one of my favorites. i have just stated what was the obvious - best CB in our current squad.

messi/busquets - yup, caught me here. these 2 + alves, iniesta are my favourites from the greatest team ever.

i like pedri and ilaix. also fati to an extent. was a fan of FDJ and was happy we got him, just that he disappointed a bit.

so cut on the lying and misinformation a bit...

malvolio

That is a good point, but I don't think not having superhuman speed over long distances or michael phelps lungs precludes him from being a forward or continuing to succeed (albiet inconsistently) in his RW role he's in rn. Not a world class forward mind you, just a forward, remember we won how many trophies with Pedro?

I just think I can see him playing on the left wing.

hmm, maybe. since he doesn't look to be good at defending. would have to improve passing, crossing and dribbling.

hmm, maybe. since he doesn't look to be good at defending. would have to improve passing, crossing and dribbling.

I might just be a little stir crazy from the 5 or so years of mediocrity but a cheap la masia grad with excellent dribbling skills and a maybe goal threat sounds kinda good to me. Besides, I feel better with 3 CBs and no wingers pretending to be FBs in the back lmao.

JamDav1982

where did i say that? really can't remember.

roberto? as mediocre as they get. i'm not a fan, never was.

pique? not one of my favorites. i have just stated what was the obvious - best CB in our current squad.

messi/busquets - yup, caught me here. these 2 + alves, iniesta are my favourites from the greatest team ever.

i like pedri and ilaix. also fati to an extent. was a fan of FDJ and was happy we got him, just that he disappointed a bit.

so cut on the lying and misinformation a bit...

It was debate about future of team.. Dest is garbage, Roberto should be RB etc. Pique or Umtiti should be kept.

You have said all of above and mock folk for rating FDJ and not just those who claim one of best in world but those that said should be central to team and is a top player prior to his turn in form.

Just deny all and shout 'liar!' though.

You have claimed Suarez should have been kept and been as well trying to keep EV and older legs this season than changes that have been made.

Andresito

Staff member
It was debate about future of team.. Dest is garbage, Roberto should be RB etc. Pique or Umtiti should be kept.

You have said all of above and mock folk for rating FDJ and not just those who claim one of best in world but those that said should be central to team and is a top player prior to his turn in form.

You have claimed Suarez should have been kept and been as well trying to keep EV and older legs this season than changes that have been made.

Memory like an elephant.

Birdy

LOL
Ok, they were my favorites as well in 2011.
Don't you realize that time passes and they happen to get old and deteriorate on the pitch?

Perhaps that explains why you are the captain of reactionaries in this forum about transitioning to new era, and new players.
You just label any young prospective player 'not good enough' and are content with just playing the old guard.
I bet back in 2008 you would say the same about young Pique, young Busi, young Pedro etc

Porque

Bale broke into Southampton first team at 16. He was a prodigy who just happened to get injured and prefer Golf to Madrid. Is normal.

Dest attacking wise really reminds me of someone attacking wise. Can't think of who it is right now. Probably a fluffy Brazilian with lots of stepovers and not much end product. Once I get the name I'll let you know. I think he's better suited arriving from deep as said before rather than being statically positioned in AmR

soul24rage

Bale broke into Southampton first team at 16. He was a prodigy who just happened to get injured and prefer Golf to Madrid. Is normal.

Dest attacking wise really reminds me of someone attacking wise. Can't think of who it is right now. Probably a fluffy Brazilian with lots of stepovers and not much end product. Once I get the name I'll let you know. I think he's better suited arriving from deep as said before rather than being statically positioned in AmR

Robinho..??

malvolio

show me the post were i've said that.

yes, FDJ was kind of lost at the start of the season. but all the managers in here saw him as the man to build the team around. i took the mickey regarding that, it is still good fun.

yes, i would have kept suarez than to have braithwaite and griezmann. but i've acknowledged that him getting another season if he played, was tricky.

yes, i have said that i would have kept EV since nothing much has changed and we fucked around with two managers, when a new board was coming in anyway. that was around the time team was faltering and we were nearly out of all comps. i would still say that if koeman doesn't win anything this season, we fucked around for nothing.

LOL
Ok, they were my favorites as well in 2011.
Don't you realize that time passes and they happen to get old and deteriorate on the pitch?

Perhaps that explains why you are the captain of reactionaries in this forum about transitioning to new era, and new players.
You just label any young prospective player 'not good enough' and are content with just playing the old guard.
I bet back in 2008 you would say the same about young Pique, young Busi, young Pedro etc

the idiocy in this post doesn't warrant a sensible reply. come back another time.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

yes, FDJ was kind of lost at the start of the season. but all the managers in here saw him as the man to build the team around. i took the mickey regarding that, it is still good fun.

yes, i would have kept suarez than too havfe braithwaite and griezmann. but i've acknowledged that him getting another season if he played, was tricky.

yes, i have said that i would have kept EV since nothing much has changed and we fucked around with two managers, when a new board was coming in anyway. that was around the time team was faltering and we were nearly out of all comps. i would still say that if koeman doesn't win anything this season, we fucked around for nothing.

the idiocy in this post doesn't warrant a sensible reply. come back another time.

Show you post where said what?

You liked to mock folk who praised what FDJ could be and had been before Barca and ultimately would be in team that is set up correctly.

Even if Koeman wins nothing huge changes have been made that were needed and building for future so plenty achieved in heading to correct direction where keeping EV and Suarez was still not correct and going backwards.

If Barca win it will all be about Messi deciding to play anyway. Mental gymnastics.

Last edited:

Birdy

yes, i would have kept suarez than to have braithwaite and griezmann. but i've acknowledged that him getting another season if he played, was tricky.

Right, when facing difficulty steering away from the discussion...

You are one of the few here who does not get that Griezman and Braithwate do jobs Suarez cannot do on the pitch.
In your mind it's only about who is the better finisher.

Home of Barca Fans