Sergiño Dest

Andresito

Staff member
The attacker smashed his ass into Dest and fell lol.

Shouldn't draw too many conclusions from this game, first game back after a hamstring injury which takes time to get rid of mentally.

He does fine at RB. Maybe he'll eventually need to be replaced, but at this moment we have much bigger problems in the team.
Not like the RB market is blooming either.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Attacker got ahead of Dest, amateur from him to push him even if only a nudge to effectively beg the referee to call it

We've been screwed on penalties on both ends of the pitch for years, especially this season, but I am not too upset about that one - it was foolish to leave us open to the player milking it and making it an easy call for a Spanish referee

JohnN

He did nothing wrong. He was running side by side with a fast attacker and not even pushing him with the shoulder. You can't put any blame on him for a stupid ref decision.

JamDav1982

Attacker got ahead of Dest, amateur from him to push him even if only a nudge to effectively beg the referee to call it

We've been screwed on penalties on both ends of the pitch for years, especially this season, but I am not too upset about that one - it was foolish to leave us open to the player milking it and making it an easy call for a Spanish referee

Never a pen. The attacking moves towards him then throws himself to ground.

Football is not non contact and the contact was initiated by other player.

Atrocious decision.

raskolnikov

I always hate how diving is justified when there is contact. Defenders milk it flopping when under pressure. Attackers make contact then dive.
So basically if an attacker sticks his leg out or gets in front of a defender then stops to let him bump into him then dive down its a penalty?

Its insane and never a penalty. Var also showing their colours by not overruling it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Love his confidence going forward. We haven't had that since Dani Alves.

If he can master his defensive skills he will become big asset for us.

Messi983

Soft penalty. It showed his lack of experience imo. Other than that he's inconsistent and looked a bit out of form which is understadable after not playing for some time but the talent is obviously there so I'm still optimistic about his future. Hope he can finally stay fit for the rest of the season (especially now that Roberto will miss some time again).

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Koeman: "We have to wait a little longer to know the extent of Ara?jo's injury. De Jong is right-footed, that's why I opted for him. Dest had some discomfort."

Still has some "discomfort."

Nazario1985

Unless we are going : fuck it no trophies for 2-3 years, this type of players should go on loan until filling the gaps they have.

In his case defensive skills are a huge problem.

malvolio

Unless we are going : fuck it no trophies for 2-3 years, this type of players should go on loan until filling the gaps they have.

In his case defensive skills are a huge problem.

we could have saved money and brought emerson. not a worse player than dest and already plays in the league.

to be fair, neither of the two are starting material for us.

mc_lovin

we could have saved money and brought emerson. not a worse player than dest and already plays in the league.

to be fair, neither of the two are starting material for us.

You are a bit miserable, arent you? Either way, Emerson/Dest is as good as it gets for us (or in general) right now. We can only hope one of them turns worldclass, but there arent any apparent upgrades on the market.

malvolio

You are a bit miserable, arent you? Either way, Emerson/Dest is as good as it gets for us (or in general) right now. We can only hope one of them turns worldclass, but there arent any apparent upgrades on the market.

so telling it as i see it makes me miserable? don't get why people get so wound up when things are not working for some players that they had high hopes for.

one of them turns world class? :lol: you do understand what that means, right? neither are showing the potential required to reach that level. and i doubt it they are late bloomers and become worldclass players later on.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans