Sergiño Dest (loaned to PSV)

iniestaGOAT

Barcelona and Xavi today have done things to further expose their idea of wanting to sell Sergi?o Dest. They have told him several times that they don't count on him. They have left him out of several matches. And even so, Dest still has the idea of staying.

@gerardromero

What a donkey!

ajnotkeith

Barcelona and Xavi today have done things to further expose their idea of wanting to sell Sergi?o Dest. They have told him several times that they don't count on him. They have left him out of several matches. And even so, Dest still has the idea of staying.

@gerardromero

What a donkey!

It's not surprising because we have signed no full-back. He probably correctly thinks if he stays he will be re-integrated and end up starting a lot of games there because once again, there is no competition.

Will Xavi keep playing Araujo as right-back? Probably not and Dest knows that. If we want him to leave we have to sign a new fullback however it looks unlikely.

Jadentheman

I kinda want to see him at United. IT's difficult because he can't waffle it's a World Cup year, and he can get the bench if he isn't receiving adequate play time to keep sharp.

Loki

He probably correctly thinks if he stays he will be re-integrated and end up starting a lot of games there because once again, there is no competition.

Of course there is competition and Xavi sees him as the 4th option on RB. Araujo, Kounde and Sergi R. are better in that position in Xavis opinion. If Dest wants to play, he needs to leave. There are zero chances for him as long as Xavi is here. Dest is way too limited to create good chances upfront and defensivly he is mediocre. Xavi loves the assymetrical 4-3-3. so he has no problem with a centre-back on the right side, so Alba can stay upfront.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

We need more.

Speaking of which; you still vacationing at Ugljan/Pasman?

No no. This and last year I was on Pag. I've found super cheap and nice accomodation for a bargain while there was a Covid so they give me a "discount" because I was there while noone came...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We desperately need someone to take him for 15-20m so we can sign another RB.

Because Araujo at RB instead of CB will have us lose games this season.

Birdy

But Dest is not Braithwate:

Because Braithwate is the worst footballer of the entire squad (not attackers alone), has 5 people playing ahead of him, and is getting paid 200% more than what he would get elsewhere

On the contrary, Dest is our best RB and he knows it, has no fullback (but only makeshift RBs like Roberto) to compete with, and is getting same or less money that what he might have gotten elsewhere

Nothing to compare

Home of Barca Fans