Sergiño Dest (loaned to PSV)

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Liverpool consider Saul as a potential opportunity because he is prepared to leave Atletico. There is an interest in Saul, but at the moment they are 'waiting' [postponing] on midfielders, the priorities are wingers or strikers.

Source: @FabrizioRomano

According to Romano someone who you consider as reliable as it gets. So yes Klopp was interested in him.

JamDav1982

Liverpool consider Saul as a potential opportunity because he is prepared to leave Atletico. There is an interest in Saul, but at the moment they are 'waiting' [postponing] on midfielders, the priorities are wingers or strikers.

According to Romano someone who you consider as reliable as it gets. So yes Klopp was interested in him.

Been through this one before.

Birdy will claim it was about being a 'starter'.

Standard of his stuff.

Birdy

According to Romano someone who you consider is reliable as it gets. So yes Klopp was interested in him.

Yes, thank you, I had read this one myself, and as I had pointed out back then,
Liverpool reporters denied the possibility and said that Liverpool either not gonna make any more buys (after Konate) OR they would buy a winger
Which is more or less what Romano says in his 2nd sentence about their priorities being wingers and strikers and not midfielders.

PLUS:
as was also reported by Romano and others in the summer,
Liverpool had other md candidates higher in their transfer list than Saul: like Renato Sanches (google it and you will see Romano himself saying so)
That's IF they were eventually going for a md, which didn't happen for the reasons above.

PLUS:
EVEN IF they would have gone for Saul, he would have been 7th choice like he is at Chelsea,
behind even 37yr old Jamie Milner.

And that whole discussion started - IF YOU CAN RECALL - about the value of Saul as a player, that some here were portraying as 'modern box to box' and the answer to our needs.

Who got the W and who got the L here on Saul eventually? Me (and others) or his defenders?

PS:
Oh, and if it's not obvious,
the difference with Dest is that Bayern want him to be their starting RB for the next many many years to come.

JamDav1982

Birdy at it.

Held Romano up as the man in the know who could be the one to tell the truth on Liverpool when it came to other players then when that idea was proven false turns and says its all about local reporters.

Full of utter shit as usual and contradicts himself every two posts.

You were tied in knots and handed an L. Move on.

Bayern at one point though Benatia was their CB for years to come, Renato Sanchez was their CM, Roca would be their CM, Tolliso would be their CM etc. They make mistakes also.

If Bayern dont want Dest and no top club does and this is all hot air then Birdy by his own criteria is saying Dest aint got it.

Birdy

Held Romano up as the man in the know who could be the one to tell the truth on Liverpool when it came to other players then when that idea was proven false turns and says its all about local reporters.

What exactly was proven false?
I just highlighted Romano's report saying that Liverpool's priority is not midfielders.
On the top of his multiple reports in the summer about Liverpool and Renato Sanches
Can't see why you can't get this

PLUS, never said Romano is in the know ONLY FOR Liverpool.

JamDav1982

What exactly was proven false?
I just highlighted Romano's report saying that Liverpool's priority is not midfielders.
Can't see why you can't get this

PLUS, never said Romano is in the know ONLY FOR Liverpool.

Yip you did say Romano was breaking news on Liverpool interest/transfers before local press and you used Konate as example saying he was first to mention it and provided specific link.

I found local press mentioning it from before that and all orginating from Germany.

You were handed an L and went quiet.

Good of you to bring it up again.

That was after you claimed Klopp and Liverpool only interested in good players and the tweet you now say as read was brought to your attention saying Liverpool had an interest in Saul when you wrong said they had no interest at all and all false.

Again an L.

Last edited:

Birdy

Bayern at one point though Benatia was their CB for years to come, Renato Sanchez was their CM, Roca would be their CM, Tolliso would be their CM etc. They make mistakes also.

If Bayern dont want Dest and no top club does and this is all hot air then Birdy by his own criteria is saying Dest aint got it.

LOL :lol:

You are prob incapable of understanding the difference between buying X guy to be a 'squad player' and buying X guy to be a starter.
Benatia, Renato, Roca, and Tolisso were NEVER bought to be starters.
Squad players, some of them like Renato or Roca would have been thought as being low risk-high reward bets for the future and that's it.

There were always other players ahead of them in their positions who were CERTIFIED STARTERS.

Unlike Dest:
Bayern is looking for an RB way looong time, and they are not satisfied with Pavard.
If Dest goes there he is a starter.

And since, you can't converse like a proper human being,
I will give you only 1 warning:
If you reply precisely to this post without addressing the difference between squad player and starter, I am not gonna continue with you.
Have had that a lot in the past, and enough is enough

JamDav1982

Can move on from your previous Ls now Birdy and focus on Dest.

The usual shite about players being signed as starters.. Benatia was signed to be a starter and all those others would have been eyed with that also.

Anyway. Dest.

If Bayern dont want him and this is rumours does that mean he is not up to their standards? How much would it take for you to sell him?

Feels a lot like the old 'imagine what Pep could do with Semedo' to me.

Can work for both clubs if he goes there and improves and Barca sign a RB that performs better for club and has the cash in the bank.

Birdy

Yip you did say Romano was breaking news on Liverpool interest/transfers before local press and you used Konate as example saying he was first to mention it and provided specific link.

I found local press mentioning it from before that and all orginating from Germany.

You were handed an L and went quiet.

Good of you to bring it up again.

That was after you claimed Klopp and Liverpool only interested in good players and the tweet you now say as read was brought to your attention saying Liverpool had an interest in Saul when you wrong said they had no interest at all and all false.

Again an L.

Ls only according to your narrow mind

Again you can't understand the difference between a squad player and a starter.
Shakiri for instance was always bought to be a squad player to rotate some starters.
Shakiri was a great buy for a squad player for Liverpool

PS: Didn't say anything other than Romano being trustworthy, which I still believe.
Did I deny his report about Saul? NO.
I highlighted the fact that he himself says that most likely Saul to Liverpool will not happen, as they have other priorities

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Birdy at it.

Full of utter shit as usual and contradicts himself every two posts.

You were tied in knots and handed an L. Move on.

[MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION]

My point wasn't whether you were right or wrong about Saul , but rather what Jamdav says in this post. Bayern interested in Dest doesn't mean much , they aren't faultless and like other clubs had their fair share of bad transfers.

JamDav1982

Ls only according to your narrow mind

Again you can't understand the difference between a squad player and a starter.
Shakiri for instance was always bought to be a squad player to rotate some starters.
Shakiri was a great buy for a squad player for Liverpool

PS: Didn't say anything other than Romano being trustworthy, which I still believe.
Did I deny his report about Saul? NO.
I highlighted the fact that he himself says that most likely Saul to Liverpool will not happen, as they have other priorities

Nope the Ls were clear as day you were handed and vanished.

Spoke shite about Romano being in the know more than local press. Denied Liverpool had any interest in Saul before that tweet was brought to your attention.

Two big Ls.

Anyway Dest... what you value him at to sell him?

If Bayern dont move for him another L for you.

JamDav1982

My point wasn't whether you were right or wrong about Saul , but rather what Jamdav says in this post. Bayern interested in Dest doesn't mean much , they aren't faultless and like other clubs had their fair share of bad transfers.

He is disengenious and eliminates bad transfers as 'not being signed to be starters' when fail.

Just like changes goal post every time his bollocks gets called out.

Birdy

Can move on from your previous Ls now Birdy and focus on Dest.

The usual shite about players being signed as starters.. Benatia was signed to be a starter and all those others would have been eyed with that also.

Anyway. Dest.

If Bayern dont want him and this is rumours does that mean he is not up to their standards? How much would it take for you to sell him?

Feels a lot like the old 'imagine what Pep could do with Semedo' to me.

Can work for both clubs if he goes there and improves and Barca sign a RB that performs better for club and has the cash in the bank.

Yes, that's my Jammy: throwing the ball off pitch when being cornered. Very typical of you.

None of the ones you mentioned was bought to be a starter.
There were others AHEAD of them who were CERTIFIED starters:
Even Benatia who played more than the rest had Boateng, and Javi Martinez ahead of him when Pep was there
the others had Kimmich, Thiago, Vidal, Lahm, and Xavi Alonso at md

They played whenever the starters were injured OR in rotation games.
Some of them, like Renato or Roca, were thought of as maybe good prospects who had to work their asses off and improve dramatically to even come close to being starters.

That's basics.
If you can't admit it, there is no point in continuing that discussion, as you have very distorted views about football.
OR you are bending them on purpose to 'win the argument' (typical of you)

Then, there is no 'IF Bayern don't want him' as we know well that they were just one step away from signing him in 2020, and we managed to 'steal' the player from them.
We also know they have been looking for an RB for quite some time now..

It's ridiculous to claim 'can work for both clubs'
If he becomes the CERTIFIED STARTER at RB for Bayern for many years to come, we would be ridiculed 100%

Birdy

No, it means a lot.
For the reasons I explained in response to Jammy.

Clubs buy player to be starters, and other players for their squad depth.

We know well that Bayern were just one step away from signing him in 2020, but we 'stole' the player from them.
We also know they have been looking for an RB for quite some time now..

They want him to be their starter at RB

Faults can happen of course.
But that's immaterial.
The fact that they want him NOW proves all his critics here wrong

Home of Barca Fans