Semifinal: Netherlands - Argentina 0-0 (2-4 pk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

voodoomaster

Enzo Perez the best player on the pitch until he got substituted, doing his best Di Maria impression :worthy:

Stick to 4-4-2 in the final with today's lineup, only change being Di Maria in place of Lavezzi.

Isnt dimaria most likely out of the wc?

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I agree that Argentina has a very defensive approach.
But Argentina scored very quick goals against Bosnia, Nigeria and Belgium. Especially in a knock out match it is understandable to sit back and play on the counter.
Iran parked the bus against them so it was the other way round and vs Switzerland I think both teams had chances to score and Argentina was the team that tried to dictate play.
Today against the Dutch it was a game where both sides did not want to risk anything because they knew that the first goal would probably decide the match.

They are a counter attacking side with little creativity in midfield. Don't know what is wrong with that. It is no bus parking.

V

voodoomaster

I agree that Argentina has a very defensive approach.
But Argentina scored very quick goals against Bosnia, Nigeria and Belgium. Especially in a knock out match it is understandable to sit back and play on the counter.
Iran parked the bus against them so it was the other way round and vs Switzerland I think both teams had chances to score and Argentina was the team that tried to dictate play.
Today against the Dutch it was a game where both sides did not want to risk anything because they knew that the first goal would probably decide the match.

They are a counter attacking side with little creativity in midfield. Don't know what is wrong with that. It is no bus parking.

Good post.

Barca_070

Enzo Perez deserves more praise in my opinion, played a great match as the substitution of Di Maria, because of him there was no gap between the defence and attack of Argentina. When he came you saw two blocks of the front 4 and the rest of the team.

BerkeleyBernie

I think van Gaal had way too much respect for Argentina and Messi (who were absolutely bleak against that bus).
They should have actually tried to play a match instead of just park a bus and wait for some miracle up front to happen/win by penalty shootout.

I don't think they really had it in them. They really needed another creator in the midfield. Kuyt had no ideas, probably should have attempted some crosses at least. De Jong and Wijnaldum were more of a defensive double pivot. Later in the game, they gained more control in the midfield and tried to attack from the center, but rarely penetrated.

Fair result. Argentina perhaps the slightly better team, though I suspect, without Di Maria, Germany will have an easier time handling Argentina than they would have had handling Robben on the counter.

King Leo

Banned
OMG I just came back from a celebration at the bar and can't be any happier right now. Not because we reached the final but because we played with such quality that I have strong faith we can take on the Germans. Vamos Argentina!

2zxz695.jpg

L

linetty

'Louis van Gaal says he struggled to find a player to take the first penalty'

Yeah and he picked Vlaar in the end?! Freaking genius!!

N11JELKA

didn't expect argentina to win, but my lord, thank you, someone needed to send Holland home, biggest fear was them to win the WC. Finally sent home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans