Scandinavian football

Morten

Shame man.
I heard that the Cypriots showed some extremely unsportsmanlike conduct, something about them barging into the ref, wasting the time or something like that? They played FCK some years back, and I recall them being assholes.

It bothered me in the heat of the moment, but i dont care about that now, im dissapointed in yet another so close but so far away match in Europe by RBK.

Trickykid

It bothered me in the heat of the moment, but i dont care about that now, im dissapointed in yet another so close but so far away match in Europe by RBK.

Well, at least it wasn't the last round before the groups. Chances are that you would've met a vastly superior opponent in the next round.

Morten

Well, at least it wasn't the last round before the groups. Chances are that you would've met a vastly superior opponent in the next round.

In truth, we can meet anyone in the EL-playoff, so im not very optimistic, we can easily meet a team that is on the same level as the team we could have met for cl-qualification.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Molde would be more fitting to that description, all though not really all that much. RBK is not a club sponsored by rich uncles. If you tried, the Bayern of Norwegian football you would be more correct, though they havent been bad in Europe, they did become complacent too.

Molde is a recent team.

Who had all the money for decades? Rosenborg.

That said, I do respect Rosenborg for keeping their traditions in line and not self-destructing like most Norwegian clubs. It's admirable to see the club still going and it's a pity you guys couldn't hold on, but there's always a next year.

Morten

Molde is a recent team.

Who had all the money for decades? Rosenborg.

That said, I do respect Rosenborg for keeping their traditions in line and not self-destructing like most Norwegian clubs. It's admirable to see the club still going and it's a pity you guys couldn't hold on, but there's always a next year.

Common, you know what i was hinting at. Comparing RBK and PSG is an insult to RBK. RBK made their own money, more or less, PSG is drugged with oil. Molde is drugged with money too. So no, RBK is certainly not the PSG of Norway, Molde would actually be closer.

Trickykid

The Danish teams are still doing oddly well.
FCK easily qualified for the last round before the ChL groups last night, and earlier today FCM advanced in the EL. SønderjyskE just qualified for the next round as well.

Brøndby are playing Hertha Berlin as we speak, and we lead 2-1 after having lost 1-0 in Germany. We're easily the better team so far, and should've scored a few more. Come on, one more goal!

Trickykid

3-1 Brøndby!
This is simply too good to be true. I'm expecting a heavy meltdown... Our pressure on their half is out of this world, and a goal on the break for Hertha is inevitable.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Jaaaaaaaaaaaah! Final whistle, and Brøndby knocks out Hertha Berlin! Fucking fantastic! [MENTION=2203]Eetu[/MENTION], Teemu Pukki, your compatriot, bagged the hattrick.

Trickykid

Even though I despise FCK, I really hope they manage to trounce Apoel this time around.

Brøndby will face Panathinaikos. They have a couple of big names in the squad, but aside from that, I have no idea how they are these days. Perhaps [MENTION=18692]6 Ballons for Messi[/MENTION] or [MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION] can help?

Just noticed that Gytkjær bagged a 1st half hattrick today for you guys, [MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION]. How is he doing, generally?

bismp

Even though I despise FCK, I really hope they manage to trounce Apoel this time around.

Brøndby will face Panathinaikos. They have a couple of big names in the squad, but aside from that, I have no idea how they are these days. Perhaps [MENTION=18692]6 Ballons for Messi[/MENTION] or [MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION] can help?

Just noticed that Gytkjær bagged a 1st half hattrick today for you guys, [MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION]. How is he doing, generally?

Panathinaikos is in a pretty dreadful state.Really a shell of their former shelf.Their last championship was in 2010 and iirc they have 2 championships in the last 15-20 years(although to be fair the league is corrupt).The last few years they have struggled,finishing 2nd-4th,but they at least got the Greek cup a couple of years back.However,every single year they humiliate themselves in Europe,getting knocked out by smaller teams without playing good football.

Right now,i am not 100% familiar with their current roster,but i bet there's nothing to fear.Marcus Berg is their star player,but he is worse than a few years ago.Still,one of the very few players that can make a difference.Other than that,the club is in a bad economic state,which means that any transfers they made probably aren't that good.The coach is fairly new and the fans don't like him,and generally only a few players have been in the club for more than 2-3 years.

In other words,i don't know if Brondby is a good team,but i would be surprised if Panathinaikos gets through.If they do,i expect that they are going to get humiliated in the group stage.

Trickykid

Panathinaikos is in a pretty dreadful state.Really a shell of their former shelf.Their last championship was in 2010 and iirc they have 2 championships in the last 15-20 years(although to be fair the league is corrupt).The last few years they have struggled,finishing 2nd-4th,but they at least got the Greek cup a couple of years back.However,every single year they humiliate themselves in Europe,getting knocked out by smaller teams without playing good football.

Right now,i am not 100% familiar with their current roster,but i bet there's nothing to fear.Marcus Berg is their star player,but he is worse than a few years ago.Still,one of the very few players that can make a difference.Other than that,the club is in a bad economic state,which means that any transfers they made probably aren't that good.The coach is fairly new and the fans don't like him,and generally only a few players have been in the club for more than 2-3 years.

In other words,i don't know if Brondby is a good team,but i would be surprised if Panathinaikos gets through.If they do,i expect that they are going to get humiliated in the group stage.

Cheers man, much appreciated!

Brøndby is not a good side by any stretch of the imagination, but for the first time in 10 years or so, we actually have a coach with a plan and a group of players, who seem hungry and willing to fight till their deaths.
By your description, it should be a tightly fought contest, but I've been made so accustomed to failure, that I have little hope of advancing.

Home of Barca Fans