Saul Niguez

Birdy

We need Saul. Not badly, but he'll probably improve our midfield. We could finally move Busi into a part-time role.

He won't improve anything.

I have explained with tons of stats why Saul will never make it in a 'box to box' role.
FDJ and Moriba (if he stays) will always be ahead of him for the 'box to box' role
Pedri (and even Puig) will always be ahead of him for the 'interior' or creating between the lines role.
Busi will also always be ahead of him for the regista role.

The last one is I think the only role he can ever play at Barca, because of his decent passing and distribution.
But even that does not come clause to old Busi's passing/distribution from deep.

Hence, he will be a sub at best, a benchwarmer (like Pjanic) most likely

xxxxxx

We need Saul. Not badly, but he'll probably improve our midfield. We could finally move Busi into a part-time role.

I don't disagree with you. He would be an upgrade over Busquets, but we know damn well that Koeman will start Busquets over Saul.

MTL_Barca

Saul would definitely be ahead of Pjanic and Puig, that alone would already improve the midfield significantly. Can't play the same 3 every week, especially not with grandpa Busi and young Pedri coming off 2 summer tournaments. Also not that unrealistic that he could become a starter, if he can get back on track.

But it seems like the deal isn't happening anyway.

Last edited:

Messigician

🚨🚨[ @gerardromero🥇] | Some News:

- The Saul-Griezmann deal is dead. Laporta and Mateu Alemany refuse a deal that Atletico Madrid will not pay.

- Griezmann wants to return to Atletico, but he does not rule out moving to the Premier-League or Italy.

serghei

����[ @gerardromero��] | Some News:

- The Saul-Griezmann deal is dead. Laporta and Mateu Alemany refuse a deal that Atletico Madrid will not pay.

- Griezmann wants to return to Atletico, but he does not rule out moving to the Premier-League or Italy.

Good. Griezmann is a better, more valuable player. If they don't add some cash, hold our ground and use Griezmann.

FinBarcelonafan

Good. It would have been awful trade.

Let's see if Rumours were true that Liverpool wants Saul for fifty million. I doubt it personally.

serghei

We need Griezmann to leave. That's all. Saul would be a nice bonus.

We don't need him to leave. We need to sell him or trade him in an advantageous deal for the club. Straight swap with Saul is not that, without some money added on by Atletico. Laporta knows what he is doing. He wants to re-establish the club in these negotiations because for too long other teams pushed us around and got their way.

Griezmann is a valuable player that would improve many teams. You can't be expecting to get this player without making some effort to sign him, which is apparently Atletico's mindset.

mc_lovin

We don't need him to leave. We need to sell him or trade him in an advantageous deal for the club. Straight swap with Saul is not that, without some money added on by Atletico. Laporta knows what he is doing. He wants to re-establish the club in these negotiations because for too long other teams pushed us around and got their way.

If Griezmann wasn't with 72ME in the books he would be gone by now. And hence the need for a swap. At least that's what I firmly believe.

Home of Barca Fans