Saudi Pro League

Porque

Also, this isn't some naive Qatari Aspire Academy type of deal where they have been sold the hope that they can take young Africans/south Americans to Qatar, train them under European tutorage and then in 20 years time they have a team to compete in the World Cup.

The Saudi are not built like that. They just want the global clout and event scene to amp investment. They don't care about building the quality of the Saudi players or progressing any further in the World Cups. They usually qualify anyways and probably don't care for advancing.

They much prefer to pay big money and have all the world stars in their homeland. Football, Basketball, WWE, Boxing, UFC, etc.

Welcome to Vegas of the Middle East.

Temptation

Also, this isn't some naive Qatari Aspire Academy type of deal where they have been sold the hope that they can take young Africans/south Americans to Qatar, train them under European tutorage and then in 20 years time they have a team to compete in the World Cup.

The Saudi are not built like that. They just want the global clout and event scene to amp investment. They don't care about building the quality of the Saudi players or progressing any further in the World Cups. They usually qualify anyways and probably don't care for advancing.

They much prefer to pay big money and have all the world stars in their homeland. Football, Basketball, WWE, Boxing, UFC, etc.

Welcome to Vegas of the Middle East.

You auditioning for the Saudi League External Public Relations Head role by any chance? Coz boy, are you acing it! :lol:

Barcelonista001

New signing
As a person who live their…. Its more for advertisement as stated more than prolong project, achieve objective 1st then see how it goes after that

Its a good money for those who needing it from the new players

The project itself harming our ground players

I met Benzema in the hotel by total accident last Wednesday, i took only his pic, my friends told me why didnt you take a selfie……. I think u guys know why 😗

Birdy

Mane to Al Nassr almost done for 40m to Bayern and 40m wages per year.

This is insane!

List updated

Andresito

Staff member
UEFA already made a big reform (Swiss model) to change CL starting in 2024. Not sure the teams/countries that will lose their places to Saudi will be too happy about it. If Saudi are to be involved in CL it'll take more than a couple of years. By then the league might be dead.

Porque

Let's be honest, it would be a joke decision that completely kills football.

Saudi football is built on the complete opposite of FFP and is run at a loss, and will always run at a loss. It is a financially doped playground that will never be sustainable nor more than that.

With that said, the best and most feasible solution would be Saudi backed post season playoffs contested in Arabia, that awards the best team for that season. That runs directly after the CL final.

CL winner, Serie A winner, Bundesliga winner, SPL winner, French winner, LaLiga winner and Europa League winner. 8 teams in single leg playoffs, so just 3 games each.

With the right money and marketing behind it, you have a CL killer without killing the CL.

Andresito

Staff member
@Porque

While not totally the same, there is the new Club World Cup coming in 2025 and played every 4 years. 32 teams, 12 of those are from Europe. That should be SA's big chance to compete against European sides.

Btw didn't even think of FFP. But yeah if SA want to join UEFA competition they'll have to comply under those rules as well. Might be a dealbreaker considering they'll never be self-sustaining as you say.

Home of Barca Fans