Sandro Rosell resigns, Bartomeu is the new president

coura

Banned
N&N had 40% of the rights for Neymar IIRC, hence they are referred as a 3rd party and got paid.

Edit: On another thought, it seems like thats not the case.

There were only 3 parties : Santos (55%) + DIS (40%) + Deisa (5%). 1 club and 2 investment groups = 100 % of the player.

Who get´s the 40 million? The family. lol. Sweet :)

The 3 parties got 17M between them.

Santos received 55% of the 17M, DIS received 40% of the 17M and Teisa received 5% of the 17M.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
@DonAK: Clearly, the money paid to Neymar's actual owners is only 17M, that's what Santos says according to Moreno and that's what Barca says on the sheet released today. Unless they're both lying, which I find hard to believe because why would Santos lie for Neymar's parents' benefit?

Which means 100% of Neymar should only cost 17M.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
@DonAK: Clearly, the money paid to Neymar's actual owners is only 17M, that's what Santos says according to Moreno and that's what Barca says on the sheet released today.

Yep, indeed.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yeah, I think the 40M is because Neymar's parents demanded it, knowing that other clubs were willing to do the same or more.

Which makes we wonder, why don't all parents of highly sought after talents do the same thing?

coura

Banned
@DonAK: Clearly, the money paid to Neymar's actual owners is only 17M, that's what Santos says according to Moreno and that's what Barca says on the sheet released today. Unless they're both lying, which I find hard to believe because why would Santos lie for Neymar's parents' benefit?

Exactly. The neymar family received : 40+10+ 2.5 ( agent fee, but the agent is the father. lol) + 2 million more for scouting + 2.5 million for Neymar foundation.
Scouting is being made by neymar fathers. lol.

Am i the only one to find that this deal is bad to the club?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Neymar is worth the deal, but surely the club made it more complicated than it ever should have been. Including the amount of 40m in the transfer fee and then pissing off Santos and DIS was perhaps not the best idea.

coura

Banned
That is the same for every player at the club I am sure.

Yeah, but their fathers did not received around 55 million euros. For that amount Barcelona should have at least 50% of his image rights.

But neymar and his family got the whole "cake" to themselves.

Do you think it´s a good managing deal?

footyfan

Calma, calma
Exactly. The neymar family received : 40+10+ 2.5 ( agent fee, but the agent is the father. lol) + 2 million more for scouting + 2.5 million for Neymar foundation.

It looks like a lot of money for sure, but everything besides the 40M is pretty standard stuff that is never disclosed.

JamDav1982

The deal is not bad in terms of the actual amount of money paid.

Even 86m euros is not a bad fee of Neymar if it is all taken into account.

The actual amount is not bad in my opinion but the money to the family is a grey area,

JamDav1982

Yeah, but their fathers did not received around 56.5 million euros. For that amount Barcelona should have at least 50% of his image rights.

But neymar and his family got the whole "cake" to themselves.

Do you think it´s a good managing deal?

That has nothing to do with the image rights , it is a standard policy in the club that players get their image rights.

coura

Banned
Wagner Riberio was/is Neymar's agent.

Thank you. It´s true. I stand corrected. Still 2.5M for the agent is pretty average in deals like this.

What is not normal is the players family receiving so much money and in such stupid ways like scouting.

Home of Barca Fans