Samuel Umtiti

MTL_Barca

Yup all thanks to Barto xd

I remember ppl on here doing cartwheels when he renewed

Football changes fast

Bartos board giving him a stupid low release clause was what started all of this shit. These fools put Umtiti in a perfect position to pressure them into rushing a fat contract.

Messigician

Bartos board giving him a stupid low release clause was what started all of this shit. These fools put Umtiti in a perfect position to pressure them into rushing a fat contract.

60m release clause isn't low for a defender as young as him on first contract

Messigician

Just look at what happened, couple great games and Barto immediately had to bend over :lol:

Was a big fat L for Barto, even though the injuries and him turning into a full on leech was just bad luck.

1 and a half seasons of looking like the next puyol

More than Dembele has done while club sucks him off to renew

MTL_Barca

1 and a half seasons of looking like the next puyol

More than Dembele has done while club sucks him off to renew

And yet we still could've kept the next Puyol on cheaper wages instead of being pressured to renew immediately when he threatened to leave.

There was just no reason for it to be that low, it was just an oversight by the club. Or arrogance thinking nobody wants to leave.

JamDav1982

And yet we still could've kept the next Puyol on cheaper wages instead of being pressured to renew immediately when he threatened to leave.

There was just no reason for it to be that low, it was just an oversight by the club. Or arrogance thinking nobody wants to leave.

More to it than that.

The low salary Umtiti was on was most likely negotiated as part of having a certain buy out clause. With both parties happy to go back to table if Umtiti was rated high enough to be most expensive CB of all time.

The issue is more not reading the injury correct when it came time to negotiate the contract.

ronniecro

but why would he leave?he is still part of the team,still being called up to games,will still get minutes now and then...it's not like there is proper intent from club to get rid of him

MTL_Barca

More to it than that.

The low salary Umtiti was on was most likely negotiated as part of having a certain buy out clause. With both parties happy to go back to table if Umtiti was rated high enough to be most expensive CB of all time.

The issue is more not reading the injury correct when it came time to negotiate the contract.

Still ended up biting them in the ass. Umtiti wasn't in a position to negotiate like let's say Neymars camp who certainly was aware of the clause (his initial one being like 130M or something iirc). Release clause 80M+ and we would've probably still given him a better contract at some point, but less power for the players side. And if low clause was a non debatable demand that at least should've been a major red flag for us.

Surely no coincidence we started to give out only super high release clauses afterwards.

Of course the injury was the major problem, and i'm not 100% certain on the timeline but the mid season ManUtd (i think?) rumors due to the low clause was still annoying either way.

JamDav1982

Still ended up biting them in the ass. Umtiti wasn't in a position to negotiate like let's say Neymars camp who certainly was aware of the clause. Release clause 80M+ and we would've probably still given him a better contract at some point, but less power for the players side. And if low clause was a non debatable demand that at least should've been a major red flag for us.

Surely no coincidence we started to give out only super high release clauses afterwards.

Of course the injury was the major problem, and i'm not 100% certain on the timeline but the mid season ManUtd (i think?) rumors due to the low clause was still annoying either way.

Umtiti and his side would have been well aware that he was on lower salary and what release clause gave them if performed well.

I doubt anyone thinks that clause was 'non debateable'.

MTL_Barca

Umtiti and his side would have been well aware that he was on lower salary and what release clause gave them if performed well.

I doubt anyone thinks that clause was 'non debateable'.

Well i guess it just comes down to either believing Bartos goons did their best job there or not. I personally wouldn't believe that it was impossible for Barca to sign Umtiti on lw wages and a higher clause and see it more as an oversight, but to each their own.

The injury was what turned this from a bit of a misstep to a full blown disaster, but being pressured like that by players is always bad no matter what.

JamDav1982

Well i guess it just comes down to either believing Bartos goons did their best job there or not. I personally wouldn't believe that it was impossible for Barca to sign Umtiti on lw wages and a higher clause and see it more as an oversight, but to each their own.

The injury was what turned this from a bit of a misstep to a full blown disaster, but being pressured like that by players is always bad no matter what.

Agree to disagree.

No bother.

Messigician

Again, no one could have known about the injury, he then went on to win the world cup as the starting defender and was MOTM against Belgium

Home of Barca Fans