Samuel Umtiti

serghei

No one is going to take him.

12mil per season.

Wijnaldum have less then 5 mil in Liverpool.

Barto overpaid every player in squad

What an idiot president, incredible. Every player just robbed Barca with this clown managing the finances of the club.

Didn't know fucking Umtiti is on 12m. Astonishing. Marcelo at Madrid until extension was on some low salary I think, and he was an incredible player since 2012.

Last edited:

Windhook

Barto overpaid him with a new contract in the summer of 2018. Back then Umtiti was in great form, I considered him the best CB in the squad at that time and he went on to win the World Cup that summer being key player for France. The Puyol comparisons were all there, but then the injury happened and we lost the guy.

behindbrowneyes

What an idiot president, incredible. Every player just robbed Barca with this clown managing the finances of the club.

Didn't know fucking Umtiti is on 12m. Astonishing. Marcelo at Madrid until extension was on some low salary I think, and he was an incredible player since 2012.

Well, we have to put things into perspective. Umtiti was one of the best CBs back then and had a buy-out of just 60M. Umtiti's agent spread rumours about United being interested (maybe they were and made an offer, you never know) and ready to make use of his buy-out. So it was either extending his contract or losing him to another club. All things considered, it was the right decision back then as Umtiti played like a franchise-CB.

We talked about it already more than once, but I'll say it again. Those mandatory buy-out clauses are a disadvantage for Spanish clubs. Umtiti was probably 1,5 years at the club and there was literally no other reason to extend his contract other than this shitty 60M clause.

Xaviniesta

Barto overpaid him with a new contract in the summer of 2018. Back then Umtiti was in great form, I considered him the best CB in the squad at that time and he went on to win the World Cup that summer being key player for France. The Puyol comparisons were all there, but then the injury happened and we lost the guy.

lmao umtiti was in horrible form during the time the contract negotiations took place and he was shit to average during the world cup

Windhook

Overall IMO he was performing good until the Roma game in 2017/18 CL. I couldn't follow him much during the 2018 World Cup as I was working until late that summer, but I remember he scored in the semi-final. If he was in terrible shape Deschamps wouldn't give him any minutes in the tournament.

Anyway his wage even back then was crazy. How much was Suarez's salary? 16m?

Messi983

Umtiti and Lenglet are nothing compared to Jeremy Mathieu. The best French CB we've had in the 21st century.

True. I miss him.

65gj4D.jpg

Home of Barca Fans