Samuel Umtiti

JamDav1982

Thought his position in the pitch was terrible at times.

The defence was like the Banana Splits when Real attacked.

Brilliant in duals and strong as an ox but too often drawn out of defensive line at moment but still learning.

Richard.H

Absolutely amazing player and the best transfer of this season for Barca (not really a big thing to say considering how bad our transfers have been). Extremely underrated. Umtiti has been an absolute rock at the back, overshadowing Pique even.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think he was that great but it is his first season and he has proven as a very good signing so far.
Whole defence suffered this year due to lack of collective intensity and next season should be easier for him under new coach.

dakt

I don't think he was that great but it is his first season and he has proven as a very good signing so far.
Whole defence suffered this year due to lack of collective intensity and next season should be easier for him under new coach.

Why no love for Titi?
Dunno, so far he was nothing less than great. So young and already so confident like he is playing here for ages. Pep would love him.

Horatio

You're welcome
Why no love for Titi?
Dunno, so far he was nothing less than great. So young and already so confident like he is playing here for ages. Pep would love him.

His decision-making is shaky sometimes and he takes high risks in the box at times. However, he rarely cost us so far and he has done much more good than bad. Especially appreciate his forward passing between lines. Should watch out with his forward strides, hope he doesn't get to ballsy.

I think for a player his age and having made the move to Barcelona and the team not being in the best shape his performance can be rated as a 7/10

dakt

His decision-making is shaky sometimes and he takes high risks in the box at times. However, he rarely cost us so far and he has done much more good than bad. Especially appreciate his forward passing between lines. Should watch out with his forward strides, hope he doesn't get to ballsy.

I think for a player his age and having made the move to Barcelona and the team not being in the best shape his performance can be rated as a 7/10

Well, I am more generous. 8.216/10. Some serious math right here. Complex to explain...don't ask.

Windhook

I said it in another thread - 80% of the goals conceded this season are from corners or crossed balls right after the corners.:unzue: 10% are due to wrong passes/lost balls in the midfield area :andre: (counter attacks) and 10% are on Jeremy Mathieu's record.:mathieu: Maybe I am still under the influence of the marvelous win last night, but I can't remember Samuel being responsible solely for any of the conceded goals. There should be at least 3-4 goals for a newcomer like him.

xXKonan

It isn't easy making your Classico Debut especially at the Bernabeu, against a real who has been dominant at set pieces all season. for all things considered he did pretty good on his debut, I mean he has his flaws still and showed it various times through out the match but he's young and he's learning.

clemente

I can't remember Samuel being responsible solely for any of the conceded goals.

Yeah but there was, in the first games he was often out of position and doesn't know who to mark, which resulted in many 1v1 chances which were somehow missed or saved by ter Stegen, this was really triggering me but no1 else seemed to notice. Also he could have done better in PSG first game, 2nd goal against Malaga, and theres more. I know he has been excellent this season but lets not act like he hasn't had a mistake.

Home of Barca Fans