Rugby

diDi7

Was a great final. Especially the second half became tense when Australia got hopeful.

I gotta say, deserved victory for the All Blacks. Oh, what could have been... I think we definitely could have beaten Australia as well.

On a side note... What a fucking great player Dan Carter is! Happy for him.

frog-fcb

Congrats @manausxavi and the rest of new zealand was a hell of a game australia got unlucky with a few injuries but well deserved win for kiwis

JamDav1982

New Zealand are awesome but this claim about 'Greatest Sporting Team of All Time' is absurd.

Rugby is too much of a minority sport for those claims.

F

Flavia

[vine]https://vine.co/v/e3eptJmIKJJ[/vine]

Football teams should start doing that :p

frog-fcb

New Zealand are awesome but this claim about 'Greatest Sporting Team of All Time' is absurd.

Its a prettybig minority sport though and to dominate your opposition the way the all blacks do takes some beating. I think they have suffered 3/4 defeats from they won the 2011 world cup which is one hell of a record not to many teams in any sport could live with

JamDav1982

Its a prettybig minority sport though and to dominate your opposition the way the all blacks do takes some beating. I think they have suffered 3/4 defeats from they won the 2011 world cup which is one hell of a record not to many teams in any sport could live with

If there is one or two countries in the world where rugby is he no.1 sport then it is a good but not unreal record.

Below that there are only another 4/5 countries where rugby is played at any serious level.

There are far more global sports where winning is a bigger achievement in my opinion.

ManusXavi

:handshake: :dance2: :dance: Thank you very much you lovely people. The All Blacks had great challenges. Back later after party

Last edited:

ManusXavi

Celebrations are less united than say the Barcelona Celebrations are in that we didn't gather in mass on the main streets. People are having their own mini parties such as Big Barbecues which is what I was at this morning.

I'm with JamDav1982 on this one. It is a minority sport really. I mean imagine if Europe and the USA put as much into it as we do then we would not have the record that we do. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Zealand_rugby_union_Test_matches#2010s
We would kind of be like the Uruguay of football. A small nation good at their national sport but not dominating.

Overall I felt it was a poor game from both sides. The threat that both teams have with the 'ball in hand' was limited by poor decisions to kick down field alot as appose to applying pressure with a build up of phases and quick ball. There were 66 kicks made in open play during the game. Australia were poor on defence. They missed 20% of their tackles in the first half. I was impressed with the All Blacks in many areas of the game and I was disappointed that the All Blacks choose to kick down field as often as they did.
I was surprised to see Australia play the same way, they didn't help themselves.
The tries scored by both teams were Fantastic.

ManusXavi

Winning the Rugby World Cup today actually ranks 3rd for me in 2015 behind Barcelona winning the Champions League and the Highlanders winning the Super Rugby.

ManusXavi

No victory parade will be in my town. I won't be travelling to where the 3 parades are. I'll be quite happy to wait untill the trophy visits. Coach Steve Hanson will coach though untill the end of year november european tests in 2017

Home of Barca Fans