Rodrigo Hernandez "Rodri"

Temptation

🚨🗣️ Rodri: "The Premier League & La Liga are practically Two different sports." 😮‍💨🇪🇸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿⬇️

"In Spain you can't play at the same pace as in the PL, because your teammates won't follow you and you’ll get isolated."

"In Spain, they are patient and tactical, and the teams know more about what they want to do with the ball. In England, football is more intense. I remember that when I debuted against West Ham, I didn't even have half a second to think. I had to learn to think faster, to resist the impact of the ball to maintain control."

"Here with the speed of the opponents and the offensive threat of the teams, your individualities are punished more than in Spain."

companyofcules

This guy in my opinion is better than prime Busquets. Is less talented in terms of dribbling, but come on, he is the perfect defensive midfielder with insane courage to go forward when it matters.
Haland was so overhyped when this guy won City the treble. I think he should get a Ballon d'Or if Spain wins.

FCBfan22

He played one of the best DM matches in last 10 years after Spain scored the 2nd. If Spain wins, he should get BDO.

But, he won't.

jamrock

This guy in my opinion is better than prime Busquets. Is less talented in terms of dribbling, but come on, he is the perfect defensive midfielder with insane courage to go forward when it matters.
Haland was so overhyped when this guy won City the treble. I think he should get a Ballon d'Or if Spain wins.
Relax

jamrock

He's been a solid 7.5-8.5 every single game, maybe never the best player on the pitch, but he's always there, making the right decisions.
I think he could have been a bit more progressive with a few passes today though.

Givenchy

Agree he should get Ballon d'or, would like to see a DM win it for once.

Disagree he's better than prime Busi. I think we are clouded by how Busquets turned into Imhotep during last final season/s here. Rodri could definitely add something to that GOAT Barca midfield though

Maradona37

Not sure if he's better than Busquets, but definitely agree he's far far more important to city than that technique-less robot Haaland.

Rodri for me is the best player in the world and has been for a few years - what he offers a team is something no other player can replicate. For example, if you don't have Mbappe you can always have Vini. But nobody can replace Rodri.

He oozes class as a player and is footballer's footballer. So intelligent, great technique, reads the game superbly, immense passing and technique. And can score a crucial goal here and there too.

companyofcules

Busquets also had Xavi and Iniesta in-front.

I don't know. Busquets lasted many years and has a legacy that will be hard to surpass for any dm.
But after 2016 Busquets killed me many times, so slow, so easy to push asside. I still think he was the best talent but that body was a shame for profesional footbal this days in such a demanding possition. This guy on the other hand it's a machine, trains hard, has it all in my opinion. His only sin is not being English, man the hype will be insane.

Home of Barca Fans