Raphael Varane

JamDav1982

Just read that he made two tackles the whole game and failed in both of them.

His passing was woeful at times as well.

To easy just to blame Ramos for Varanes failings. Varane on his own was shocking.

Ramos won more 'duels' than any Real player apparently but was still crap.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Just read that he made two tackles the whole game and failed in both of them.

His passing was woeful at times as well.

To easy just to blame Ramos for Varanes failings. Varane on his own was shocking.

Ramos won more 'duels' than any Real player apparently but was still crap.

While I agree with you that Varane wasn't playing his best game either , you cant deny that Ramos was doing some questionable things during both goals (first and second goal)

Galning

As Jamdav said, he's had several misplaced passes, missed interceptions,... but I guess that's Danilo's and Ramos' fault too; not the world best centre back Varane.

Not saying he is a bad centre back but blaming everything on all other players beside him is too easy. He had a very poor game.

JamDav1982

While I agree with you that Varane wasn't playing his best game either , you cant deny that Ramos was doing some questionable things during both goals (first and second goal)

Ramos was awful. So to was Varane.

Those type of screen shots can be used to show a lot of different things during a game.

If Varane was in position so much why did he not make one tackle?

DrPepper

I couldn't care less how many duels Ramos wins. The way Ramos mindlessly charges at other people, he's obviously bound to win more physical duels while Varane has to sort out the mess he creates. As captain of Real Madrid, he should do a proper job and not do stupid things like that. But apparently not everyone can be Puyol. Besides, Varane won 2 of his 3 tackles.

Tbh this should've been the club level equivalent to the Germany 7-1 Brazil match with Ramos giving his best David Luiz impression (who was captain as well).

JamDav1982

I couldn't care less how many duels Ramos wins. The way Ramos mindlessly charges at other people, he's obviously bound to win more physical duels while Varane has to sort out the mess he creates. As captain of Real Madrid, he should do a proper job and not do stupid things like that. But apparently not everyone can be Puyol. Besides, Varane won 2 of his 3 tackles.

Tbh this should've been the club level equivalent to the Germany 7-1 Brazil match with Ramos giving his best David Luiz impression (who was captain as well).

Ramos was fucking awful to was Varane who did next to nothing defensively the whole game... tackles etc and his passing was shit

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Ramos was awful. So to was Varane.

Those type of screen shots can be used to show a lot of different things during a game.

If Varane was in position so much why did he not make one tackle?

This is how I saw the first goal. Ramos leaves the defensive line to get the ball from Roberto and in my opinion dribbled Ramos way too easily. In that moment Varane was trying to cover Suarez but when he saw Ramos got dribbled he stopped covering Suarez and went in the tackle Roberto at which he ended up doing neither. In my opinion Ramos left Varane in a difficult situation. But let's be fair Jamdav , the whole team was god awful it was a collective faillure.

JamDav1982

This is how I saw the first goal. Ramos leaves the defensive line to get the ball from Roberto and in my opinion dribbled Ramos way too easily. In that moment Varane was trying to cover Suarez but when he saw Ramos got dribbled he stopped covering Suarez and went in the tackle Roberto at which he ended up doing neither. In my opinion Ramos left Varane in a difficult situation. But let's be fair Jamdav , the whole team was god awful it was a collective faillure.

Ramos was covering Raki, thats why he was on front of the defence. He made an error in getting sucked in with Roberto.

Suarez was being marked by Varane in the build up and didnt track him at all.

Suarez was not being marked by Ramos who stepped out and let him free.

Both were terrible in that goal.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Ramos was covering Raki, thats why he was on front of the defence. He made an error in getting sucked in with Roberto.

Suarez was being marked by Varane in the build up and didnt track him at all.

Suarez was not being marked by Ramos who stepped out and let him free.

Both were terrible in that goal.

Fair enough , was rewatching the goal and you were right. Seems that both were at fault.

zidaneisgod

Varane is one of the few positives to have ever come out of Madrid's horrible transfer policy.
Young players can't always be consistent and centre-backs mature late (25-26 years old).
He should always be a starter with either Ramos/Pepe/Nacho partnering him.

Morten

Varane is one of the few positives to have ever come out of Madrid's horrible transfer policy.
Young players can't always be consistent and centre-backs mature late (25-26 years old).
He should always be a starter with either Ramos/Pepe/Nacho partnering him.

Yeah, or he can be sold, along with the vast majority of the squad. That sounds better to me.

zidaneisgod

No, this team has time and time again proven itself a failure. Perez is a problem, rafa is a problem and so are the players. Im in favor of a major clean up this summer, but that wont happen.

Some players need to be sold but no major cleanup is required.
GK: Navas, Kiko
CB: Varane, Ramos, Nacho, XXXX
RB: Carvajal, Danilo
LB: Marcelo, XXXX
CM: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Kovacic, XXXX
AM: Isco, James
W: Bale, Vazquez, XXXX, XXXX
ST: Benzema, Jese

Sell: Pepe, Arbeloa, Ronaldo, Cheryshev
Buy Backups/Promote Youth: LB, CB, Defensive CM, Winger
Buy First Team: Winger To replace Ronaldo

So basically buy 4 back ups and a Ronaldo replacement.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans