Rangers FC thread

B

blueduck

How can you prove that ?

Well for a start their average attendance is higher, they sell more shirts around the globe too. They are also one of (if not the) best supported teams in Africa.

I doubt anyone in Africa has even heard of Celtic or Rangers.

he's being a dick. because he's english he's convinced wigan are bigger than celtic and rangers combined.

:lol: I've never said that.

If they got into the CL every year they are bound to have the odd good year.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Well for a start their average attendance is higher, they sell more shirts around the globe too. They are also one of (if not the) best supported teams in Africa.

It's like 300 more than celtic. Plus if Rangers had a bigger and better stadium they would get 60,000 + as well. Please remember there are Rangers & Celtic fans in Aberdeeen, Fort William, Stirling, Outer Herbrides so they can't go to games. Do Arsenal have as many fans in Sunderland, Blackpool and Plymouth ? No.

B

blueduck

It's like 300 more than celtic. Plus if Rangers had a bigger and better stadium they would get 60,000 + as well. Please remember there are Rangers & Celtic fans in Aberdeeen, Fort William, Stirling, Outer Herbrides so they can't go to games. Do Arsenal have as many fans in Sunderland, Blackpool and Plymouth ? No.

Maybe not in those random places you've mentioned.

For every Celtic or Rangers fan sitting at home watching them, their are 5 or 6 Arsenal fans sitting at home watching Arsenal too.

Arsenal fill out their stadium too remember.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
its the premier league, which is a better league with better players and the best marketing in the world. unfair comparison...

B

blueduck

*Sigh*

Then why don't you consider them bigger than Celtic or Rangers then?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
some clubs are. some clubs like wigan are not. i don't know why i join these arguments they are all the same

henriklarsson7

would arsenal fill their stadium if they were in the spl, if celtic and rangers were in the premier league (and the prices of tickets werent so unbeleivabley overpriced) we could easily fill an 80000+ capacity stadium week in week out and you know it. more shirts than celtic and rangers, very doubtful. and your third point,
I joined because Celtic is a big club and it was a pleasure to know that Celtic wanted me . Landry N'ruemo
also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloemfontein_Celtic

B

blueduck

would arsenal fill their stadium if they were in the spl, if celtic and rangers were in the premier league (and the prices of tickets werent so unbeleivabley overpriced) we could easily fill an 80000+ capacity stadium week in week out and you know it.
Yea, but you're not are you? Therefore you will never be able to compete.
more shirts than celtic and rangers, very doubtful.

Er wut ? Arsenal have about a 10 times bigger global fanbase than Celtic or Rangers. Therefore they will sell FAR more.

Last edited:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
The point is, what's a complement worth if it comes from a non-entity of a player? I do think Celtic is a big club which has the potential to be one of the biggest if it were in the EPL but let's face it if you're after impressive testimony you don't start quoting players on loan from AS Nancy.

henriklarsson7

The point is, what's a complement worth if it comes from a non-entity of a player? I do think Celtic is a big club which has the potential to be one of the biggest if it were in the EPL but let's face it if you're after impressive testimony you don't start quoting players on loan from AS Nancy.

i did that cos sadduck said no one in africa has ever heard of celtic or rangers which was swiftly disproved with my quotation of n'guemo and my link to Bloemfontein Celtics wiki page :D

B

blueduck

The fact is that Arsenal, Liverpool & United have (at least) 10 times the fanbase Celtic or Rangers.

Whether Celtic would have too if this, or if that is irrelavant. You don't and you never will.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Blueduck you're basing your argument on the assumption that the Old Firm don't have a worldwide support. Neither of us can prove it unless we see shirt sales on the continent. Altohugh Hamzah is correct it's unfair to compare Man U with Celtic, it's an uneven playing field.

henriklarsson7

The fact is that Arsenal, Liverpool & United have (at least) 10 times the fanbase Celtic or Rangers.

r u mad m8 or hav you just never been abroad before?

btw he i s actually a pretty good player despite where hes from but i see your point. hes 10 times better than scott brown who by the looks of things is a one season wonder even though he is still carrying an injury :D

Home of Barca Fans