Quique Setien

jairzinho

Reports are saying that he decided to use Fati-Griezmann-Messi with Perez as a backup for tomorrow and near future.

No words on the midfield and fullbacks yet.

Not bad at all but I wouldn’t mind us getting a proven 9 like Stuani on loan aswell. Could be useful.

FCBfan22

I think the 1st thing he needs to do is implement his ideas to our bread and butter, 4-3-3. That could take a month, but hopefully less.

After that, he can begin experimenting with different setups. I would quite like to see his 4-1-4-1 (the one he played against us with Las Palmas) in the CL KO's away, for example.

[tw]1218325473828253696[/tw]

---------------MATS-----------------
Semedo-Pique-Umtiti/Lenglet-Alba
--------------Busquets--------------
---------Arthur-------Frenkie-------
Griezmann-----------------Dembele
----------------Messi----------------

With Griezmann and Leo switching positions when needed. This lineup would also allow Leo to do what he does during the defensive phase, walking.

I'm not in favour of 3-5-2, because all of our CB's are turtles and we would get shredded by the wingers of the other team.

FCBfan22

Not bad at all but I wouldn’t mind us getting a proven 9 like Stuani on loan aswell. Could be useful.

We could get a target man as a plan B. That's always useful. But our fullbacks are pathetic at crossing, so, is there even a point?

Pepsbarca

Reports are saying that he decided to use Fati-Griezmann-Messi with Perez as a backup for tomorrow and near future.

No words on the midfield and fullbacks yet.

Griezmann will do much better through the middle then he did off the left.

You’d think the midfield in tomorrow’s match will not be the one he uses long term. Long term I expect that De Jong and Arthur will be in there with one other. Sounds like Puig may play tomorrow. It’s too bad Aleña went out on loan as he’d probably feature quite a bit.

Who he picks for fullbacks will be very interesting.

Pepsbarca

We could get a target man as a plan B. That's always useful. But our fullbacks are pathetic at crossing, so, is there even a point?

No, no, no. A “plan B” doesn’t necessarily have to be crossing to a target man. That’s the complete opposite of anything that Setien would do if you listen to him talk.

mc_lovin

Griezmann will do much better through the middle then he did off the left.

You’d think the midfield in tomorrow’s match will not be the one he uses long term. Long term I expect that De Jong and Arthur will be in there with one other. Sounds like Puig may play tomorrow. It’s too bad Aleña went out on loan as he’d probably feature quite a bit.

Who he picks for fullbacks will be very interesting.

I am glad Alena is gone, Puig looks like a much better talent. Other than that I still kind of hope he plays Griezmann on the right and Messi in the center. It would probably sacrifice Messis game a bit, but maybe we can finally play with more cohesion again.

Pepsbarca

I am glad Alena is gone, Puig looks like a much better talent. Other than that I still kind of hope he plays Griezmann on the right and Messi in the center. It would probably sacrifice Messis game a bit, but maybe we can finally play with more cohesion again.

We’ll play with more cohesion once he gets his preferred midfield in there. With Suarez out, and no striker likely to come in, I think we’ll see a front 3 of Dembele, Griezmann, Messi. Ansu or Perez to play until Dembele is fit unless he goes with a different formation.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Reports state that Vidal and Pique are dead on their feet after 20 minutes.

People praising that like it's a good thing.

Moyes was known for this type of training and it killed his United squad.

Maybe they're out of shape? Maybe they were tired because they've not trained at a normal level intensity as most elite teams do for a long time?

Pique since Lucho and Vidal since Pep.

FCBfan22

A flood of injuries this season is pointing towards terrible physical preparation of our team...

I don't think there is a starter, except Griezmann, that hasn't been injured this season. And Griezmann came during summer...

xXKonan

A flood of injuries this season is pointing towards terrible physical preparation of our team...

I don't think there is a starter, except Griezmann, that hasn't been injured this season. And Griezmann came during summer...
Funny thing is MD did write an article back in the summer that the board was unhappy with Valverde's staff for the injuries during last season.

They think it was due to poor preparation.

Total-Football

People don't understand how good a FIDE rating of 2100 as an amateur is. I'm a chess enthusiast and I'll probably never get to that level (I'm USCF ~1800 which is like ~FIDE 1600-1700).

We know this FOR SURE. His brain clearly has the capacity for high level pattern recognition, intricate tactics, and overall strategy.

3 qualities that Ernesto "Pass the ball to Messi" seemed to lack.
Is he really + 2000? Impressive if it's true.. Is there a source?

Home of Barca Fans