Quique Setien

5ergio_Busquets

Big name? It has to start somewhere, nobody had a big name to begin with. Certainly not Pep when he just started.

Give him some time. If he doesn't work out, hopefully we will act in a swift and decisive fashion and replace him with someone else.

Yeah but Pep wasn't 61 when he started, hadn't failed with other smaller clubs and already showed that he was a special coach with a special philosophy at lower levels.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Should still only have been a 6 month appointment. Appoint Pimienta if Setien doesn't accept that.

It could be a 10 year contract with the club having an option to rescind the contract in the summer, or buy out his contract for a token fee.

The length of the contract doesn't matter. People who are going crazy because of the supposed length of the contract need to calm the fuck down.

Especially when it's not even confirmed yet.

terryzinc

I'm liking what I'm reading very much. Most of those things are flaws of Ernie's tactics.
At least they hired a guy whose strategy is the opposite of Valverde who plays attacking football who can actually also CHANGE tactics lol ... it will be a breath of fresh air and maybe the players will respond

I would rather win 4-2 with goals in open play then 1-0 on a free kick lol

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We don't have time! We have the most expensive squad ever and Pep was not 61 years old coach who managed laughable teams his entire career. Basically that firs year with Betis is his biggest achievement. :facepalm:

If this was a 6 months deal all of us would have accept it. But two and a half years basically means this guy is here until the end of this generation and Messi. Fucking embarrassing.

Again nothing is set in stone, if he doesn't deliver we will sack him.

None of the ones you want said yes to us (personally I don't want Koeman and I don't think Xavi is ready for us) and for some reason the club decided to not go with an interim manager like Pimienta (perhaps with the fate of our B team in mind).

I honestly don't care of the end of generation and the last years of Messi, I just want us to play good football and win trophies.

serghei

Setien is probably going to make way for Xavi or Koeman in the summer unless we win the CL or something.

La Liga is tough as hell this year. That would be a big achievement. This is not Lopetegui imploded Madrid we're dealing with.

He won't try anything that Messi and other big names of the team wouldn't like, he is a less proven Valverde.

Valverde was never proven, and nor is Setien. In that sense he is like Valverde, only tactically better and more in synch with our style. We'll see the first signs of Setien's impact in about a month or so.

Then we can tell more. Right now it's all pure speculation regarding how we'll look. He might have a different personality than Valverde.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Again nothing is set in stone, if he doesn't deliver we will sack him.

None of the ones you want said yes to us (personally I don't want Koeman and I don't think Xavi is ready for us) and for some reason the club decided to not go with an interim manager like Pimienta (perhaps with the fate of our B team in mind).

I honestly don't care of the end of generation and the last years of Messi, I just want us to play good football and win trophies.

Firing a coach that is clearly not on the required level will cost as a shitload of money AGAIN. And we don't have money! You know why Setien? Because he is another puppet who will do exactly what our board wants. Why do you think Xavi refused to enter this shitshow?! Because he is not dumb and he clearly doesn't want to be someones puppet.

DonAK

La Liga is tough as hell this year. That would be a big achievement. This is not Lopetegui imploded Madrid we're dealing with.

My point is that I don't see him staying unless he does an exceptional job, and even then he might get replaced.

Winning La Liga against this better version of Real Madrid would be great, but it's something that could have been achieved with Valverde as well.

Raketa10

My point is that I don't see him staying unless he does an exceptional job, and even then he might get replaced.

Winning La Liga against this better version of Real Madrid would be great, but it's something that could have been achieved with Valverde as well.

No one gives a 2,5 years contract to the person they plan to suck after 6 months.

DonAK

No one gives a 2,5 years contract to the person they plan to suck after 6 months.

It could be a 10 year contract with the club having an option to rescind the contract in the summer, or buy out his contract for a token fee.

The length of the contract doesn't matter. People who are going crazy because of the supposed length of the contract need to calm the fuck down.

Especially when it's not even confirmed yet.

El Gato

Villarato!

Yes they do.

Length is just a minimal insurance for the singing party that if he does very well he doesn't need to worry about being let go unfairly too soon and receive nothing for it.

Last edited:

serghei

Completely disagree. The team had the worst first half of the season in ages, and with Suarez injured, Ernie's conservative tactics would've brought us nothing this year.

Home of Barca Fans