Quique Setien

Richard.H

I just really, really hope he has the balls to do whatever he wants. That means benching the amigos if needed, using subs as much as possible (something I really appreciated with Lucho), trying to integrate la masia whenever he can, and most importantly: bringing back Tiki Taka

If he can do all that I’ll be very satisfied regardless of the trophy output

Andresito

Staff member
I don't think Setién is the right man to take us back to the top.

I'd say with Valverde we were a solid 5/10. With Setién I think he might take us to a maximum level of 7/10 - better than Valverde, but not good enough.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I just really, really hope he has the balls to do whatever he wants. That means benching the amigos if needed, using subs as much as possible (something I really appreciated with Lucho), trying to integrate la masia whenever he can, and most importantly: bringing back Tiki Taka

About balls.. Don't expect too much, I bet the board consulted Messi and co. before making the decision.

We'll see. I bet we'll play better football. That, at least, is given.

gasgas

Come to think of it we're still screwed.
We got no players to play the effective positional football we crave

I hope for next season
3-4-3
.........................mats
.......todibo.......pique..........New CB
Emmerson........de jong..................Alba
...............Arthur..........Coutinho
...............messi...Griezmann/Werner

vegitot

then you will have many people complain how club wastes Messi's career.

JPM85

Good article. I agree with all of this. Hard task. Problem is Valverde didn't even try to do it. I have hope this guy will at least try to fix these issues or be brave enough to use more players who will make such a football possible again.

Liked the article and analysis Graham is making with the problem of the current Barcelona state, but it's the manager who has to make sure players do what he requests from them.
If not, they should be benched and sold.

"Positional football takes discipline and patience, two traits noticeably lacking from Barca for months. .... Does that sound like this ageing Barcelona to you? Pressing takes a greater level of fitness, stamina and belief than this squad is -- now and for the longest time -- capable of."
That's the only thing Setien needs to do to make us fans happy again. Out with any player that doesn't want to work and run his ass off. Even Messi is replacable at this point of his career if you would ask me. We will be outplayed by Napoli if we continue to make any effort on off the ball movement.

pepi

The only positive thing i'll remember Valverde with is the fact that Real Madrid was his dirty little bitch. Good luck to Setien. Lets hope he does as good as Valverde on that front, and much better in CL.

Vilarrubi

Might we actually see some fluid possession football??? I know it’s only the first game but buzzing for game against Granada, with Valverde I knew I was about to have 90 mins of boring football with Messi magic here and there.

Nazario1985

This guy wasn't good enough for Betis but he should be the one to take Barca to champions league glory, everyday Barto and his board prove their competence further.

Going to europe is bad for Betis ?

But then Lucho was bad for Roma and took Barça to win CL so ?

This is not how you evaluate a coach for your squad otherwise FCB would have NEVER hired Pep or Lucho !!

Unverified sources saying : They talked to his past players & also to him of course and get convinced more than Xavi & others (no name).

I really loved las palmas fun attacking football under him.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans