Premier League 23/24

Who will win PL this season?

• Total voters

El Gato

Villarato!
He's an average manager. A rolling average is a good way to put it too. If he's one of the best England have to offer then that's all you need to know about England

PS funny as fuck this cat cant even read the graph. Improving from 1.1 to 1.4 or so lmao what a feat
All you can glean from it is he had one season of them defending better. Nowt more. And still did fuckall in any cup comps. Shows his inflexibility and inability to think beyond week to week with no pressure

Birdy

PS funny as fuck this cat cant even read the graph. Improving from 1.1 to 1.4 or so lmao what a feat
All you can glean from it is he had one season of them defending better. Nowt more. And still did fuckall in any cup comps. Shows his inflexibility and inability to think beyond week to week with no pressure

Cups are not pressure for a club of the size of Brighton. Nor is any cup an objective when a season starts.
They are not even now that Brighton has reached the next level, let alone when Potter took over.
But your big-club-biased eyes can't see that.

As for the graph, it's socking that you are supposedly a PhD in the sciences, and you downplay on purpose the findings of a very simple graph, in order to push a silly agenda that he was an one season wonder.

Potter took the xG for at 1 and after two years of steady improvement he made it 1.5
He took the xG against at 1.7 and after two and a half years of steady improvement he reduced it to 1.0.
Open your deluded and closed eyes for once

El Gato

Villarato!
Cups are not pressure for a club of the size of Brighton. Nor is any cup an objective when a season starts.
They are not even now that Brighton has reached the next level, let alone when Potter took over.
But your big-club-biased eyes can't see that.

As for the graph, it's socking that you are supposedly a PhD in the sciences, and you downplay on purpose the findings of a very simple graph, in order to push a silly agenda that he was an one season wonder.

Potter took the xG for at 1 and after two years of steady improvement he made it 1.5
He took the xG against at 1.7 and after two and a half years of steady improvement he reduced it to 1.0.
Open your deluded and closed eyes for once
Of course reaching a stage in a cup is an objective for anybody. Theres money at stake, would be dumb not to for any club with any intention to grow or maintain position in league and get more resources to keep competitive level when stop being a career stepping stone for players. And he fails miserably there.
It's a standard assessment how well a manager does in a different format that tests and prioritises adaptability with a far more constrained time limit decreasing the margin of error. Matter of fact same place Xavi fails miserably in so far. Not something you value though so we can move past the point

Lol I just read you out the data in context of his actual impact assessment over time (something very important in the Sciences, but you wouldn't know since you're not in Sciences i guess).
He's improved absolutely marginally. Average move from 1.1 to 1.4 a goalscoring opportunity on a semi-arbitrary metric attests to no major success at the offensive front.
And I admitted he has improved them more significantly in defense. Not that it counts for anything, was one year of sample size.

JamDav1982

Potter improved Brighton massively and a lot of the players he brought in they still have and have sold on.

In hinsdsight he wishes had not taken Chelsea job and was first poor job choice.

Birdy

Of course reaching a stage in a cup is an objective for anybody. Theres money at stake, would be dumb not to for any club with any intention to grow or maintain position in league and get more resources to keep competitive level when stop being a career stepping stone for players. And he fails miserably there.
It's a standard assessment how well a manager does in a different format that tests and prioritises adaptability with a far more constrained time limit decreasing the margin of error. Matter of fact same place Xavi fails miserably in so far. Not something you value though so we can move past the point

Lol I just read you out the data in context of his actual impact assessment over time (something very important in the Sciences, but you wouldn't know since you're not in Sciences i guess).
He's improved absolutely marginally. Average move from 1.1 to 1.4 a goalscoring opportunity on a semi-arbitrary metric attests to no major success at the offensive front.
And I admitted he has improved them more significantly in defense. Not that it counts for anything, was one year of sample size.

About the first part: you purposefully omit to make the distinction between big and small/medium/wannabe-bigger club.
For Xavi it is absolutely an objective and he is rightfully criticized for that. For Potter, when he took Brighton over, it was never an objective. The objective is always where you are in the league. If, along the way, a good cup run or even a title happens, it's a plus.

About the second:
Unfortunately for you, I happen to have formal education in the sciences as well. So I can read graphs very well, and I can see the shit that you are trying to slide through, betting on the ignorance of a layman (when you do that).
Given that you seem to not have spent much time reading "xG trend over time" graphs, I can tell you that an increase of 0.5 xG over time is far from marginal. It's hugely significant.
I can show you many examples on this from top clubs if you are really and eagerly interested to learn about it

El Gato

Villarato!
About the first part: you purposefully omit to make the distinction between big and small/medium/wannabe-bigger club.
For Xavi it is absolutely an objective and he is rightfully criticized for that. For Potter, when he took Brighton over, it was never an objective. The objective is always where you are in the league. If, along the way, a good cup run or even a title happens, it's a plus.

About the second:
Unfortunately for you, I happen to have formal education in the sciences as well. So I can read graphs very well, and I can see the shit that you are trying to slide through, betting on the ignorance of a layman (when you do that).
Given that you seem to not have spent much time reading "xG trend over time" graphs, I can tell you that an increase of 0.5 xG over time is far from marginal. It's hugely significant.
I can show you many examples on this from top clubs if you are really and eagerly interested to learn about it
Nah plain and obvious reading of a graph that you clearly have no confidence in yourself and its utility for purpose, since got triggered by the magnitude of change being pointed out and started talking about academic credentials as if that matters to anybody but you and proceeded to ignore the numbers referred to and underlined the thesis which wasn't in any way under contention

No distinction between big or small needs to be made in cup comps. Small clubs with good managers target progress in cups when know they can go further especially with favourable draws. No xCuses

Birdy

Nah plain and obvious reading of a graph that you clearly have no confidence in yourself and its utility for purpose, since got triggered by the magnitude of change being pointed out and started talking about academic credentials as if that matters to anybody but you and proceeded to ignore the numbers referred to and underlined the thesis which wasn't in any way under contention

No distinction between big or small needs to be made in cup comps. Small clubs with good managers target progress in cups when know they can go further especially with favourable draws. No xCuses
LMAOL, did you paste the first paragraph from chatGDP?
Listen, I pointed out that someone from the sciences should be taking graphs more seriously after your first post where you seemed to just ignore it. Then, you tried to trick me by claiming authority (phd in the sciences that you have but I don't). That's what I rebuffed. I didn't demand credentials, and no credentials are needed to read a single graph.
What I shows, is that you have no clue whatsoever about the metric. Anyone who deals with xG knows that what kind of magnitude is 0.5
My advice is don't insist on that, because you are gonna get ridiculed big time. Just simply accept that I have dealt with the metric more time than you to know this and admit that your attempt to downplay the xG improvements by Potter was biased

PS: Small clubs don't start the season with cup objectives. They can unite towards the dream of lifting a cup if they get good draws and good runs. That's a totally different thing, you can understand that

El Gato

Villarato!
I do not care enough about your xFantasies to trick you
You doing some weird segways into who has a PhD and who doesn't as if thats supposed to be in any way relevant doesnt lend credence to the argument or take away from it. Can only suspect you did it out of insecurity? Proper weird stuff on display. Grown ass man bawling at the prospect of people not respecting semiquant methods he puts all his faith in lol

Horatio

You're welcome
Heard armrabat did well in his debut. Is a bit limited on ball but biggest workhorse. Maybe Man U makes sense then. Happy for him. It was EFL cup though.

Home of Barca Fans