Premier League 23/24

Who will win PL this season?

• Total voters

serghei

The solution to handle Liverpool when they play like this is to stay calm and have confident players on the ball. If they press in numbers, some of your attacking players are left hanging in space, often 1 vs 1 vs their Liverpool counterparts.

So... say they played vs Mbappe or Vinicius, they'd never press like that. The game would be far more settled and positional.

That's the reason I was so pissed with rakitic back in 2019. If we had Modric instead...

Temptation

The solution to handle Liverpool when they play like this is to stay calm and have confident players on the ball. If they press in numbers, some of your attacking players are left hanging in space, often 1 vs 1 vs their Liverpool counterparts.

So... say they played vs Mbappe or Vinicius, they'd never press like that. The game would be far more settled and positional.

That's the reason I was so pissed with rakitic back in 2019.
Normally we have that covered because both VVD and Allison are the best itw in 1 on 1s against attackers but this season other defenders are more vulnerable. Missing Robbo.

serghei

I don't think City is that scary this season, some lack of motivation is bound to happen too at some point. Liverpool can get the title for sure.

Birdy

7.5 xG for Liverpool today.

Surely got to be setting some kind of record.

GCyf8caXoAAJR64

Holy mother of God!

Morten

Arsenal had their golden opportunity last season, when having only EPL to focus on, while City played UCL and domestic cups at the same time, they still couldn't do it though.

Birdy

Arsenal will be there. They are just 5pt from the top, and City are 3pt if they win the game in hand.
The one that will not stay in the race are Villa, they are seriously overperforming their numbers, I will be very surprised if they stay

Morten

Arsenal will be there. They are just 5pt from the top, and City are 3pt if they win the game in hand.
The one that will not stay in the race are Villa, they are seriously overperforming their numbers, I will be very surprised if they stay

City getting players back from injuries, and they are already ahead of Arsenal, you seriously think City will be worse in 2nd half of the season? I don't think so.

Birdy

City getting players back from injuries, and they are already ahead of Arsenal, you seriously think City will be worse in 2nd half of the season? I don't think so.

No, I think they will peak from March on like last season.
City is the CL favorite for me
The question is how many points they will drop until then playing in the 2nd or 3rd gear.
If the gap from the top is more than 6-7 pts they might not be able to cover it until the end playing also important CL QFs and SFs

fergus90

If City have similar injury problems later in the season, I would not at all be surprised to see Liverpool win the league. They are looking a very good side again.

Arsenal have no chance, they look hopeless compared to last season. Don't have enough goals in them to be winning titles and their build-up play compared to last season is too slow. Apart from the Luton game can't remember them scoring more than 2 in a game for like 3 months.

Why they bought Havertz and didn't go for a proper striker is puzzling.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans