Premier League 2020/2021

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Not sure about him specifically being pressed more or less. But saw this on twitter the other day:

EsxxxThW8AEiCcu

LOL

Birdy

Not sure about him specifically being pressed more or less. But saw this on twitter the other day:

EsxxxThW8AEiCcu

Ok, where did you find this? I am skeptical about its legitimacy.
Is there some data analytics team behind it or no?

Look for example at the end of last season in August how well teams fared:
GnHrUIo.jpg

This is by statsbomb, one of the best analytics company about football out there.
And it measures pressure success rate and final third pressures.
Look at where all the red (La Liga) is and where the blue and green (Bundesliga, EPL)

I don't think this trend has changed at all this season

JamDav1982

Pressure on ball constantly doesnt mean much.

Players go from SPL to EPL and talk about more time on ball in England than Scotland as better players who will expose being pressed like a maniac.

More about closing space and pressing at correct time when most effective.

Yannik

Ok, where did you find this? I am skeptical about its legitimacy.
Is there some data analytics team behind it or no?

Look for example at the end of last season in August how well teams fared:
GnHrUIo.jpg

This is by statsbomb, one of the best analytics company about football out there.
And it measures pressure success rate and final third pressures.
Look at where all the red (La Liga) is and where the blue and green (Bundesliga, EPL)

I don't think this trend has changed at all this season

I think the difference between Villarubis stat and your stat is that your stat defines pressing as "turnover of possession within 10 actions on the ball" whereas Villarubis stat doesn't really declare what it counts as pressing. Technically that stat could just compare every type of turnover in games, like even winning the ball back through a normal defensive action. I wouldn't call that one actual pressing however.

Vilarrubi

You guys really need to get over these insecurities.

Mate, I’m a Leeds fan (get in 3-1 vs Leicester, Bielsa the GOAT!) as well as Barca. There’s been times where La Liga is stronger and vice versa but some PL guys think it’s better no matter what.

Xaviniesta

liverpool are a counter attacking team. they should be playing like this if they want to keep winnng. not playing sterile possesion and 100 crosses

Home of Barca Fans